Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-29-2012, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostcardMania View Post
Right, the only thing is that you can't target your mailings other than by carrier route. How were your results?
Post Card

I closed 27 accounts out of 5,000 or just a little over 0.5%. My per card cost is $ 0.205 per card including printing. But because Florida has so many Snow birds the Post office returned and credited those addresses that forwarded to the North. So doing the Math 5,000 mailers cost me a total $ 1010.00 and divided by 27 accounts that cost me $ 37.41 each.

In my case Every one including Businesses need Pest Control here in Florida. But with the EDDM Plan you can skip Business addresses.

One other advantage to doing the EDDM myself was Mailing only a 1,000 post cards each week and only having to deal with approx 10 sales calls a week. I even skipped a week here and there because I was too busy to deal with sales calls.

Yes you have paid for a Bulk mail permit that wouldn't be economical for me to buy. That Permit allows you to target customer more selectively than EDDM. But running the Numbers my labor and shot gun advertising is not only effective but half what you charge.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:49 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Here is a link to the EDDM video Tutorial by the USPS. Let's face it, the Post office is hurting and so they are offering some great deals.

I have found the Post office employees very helpful and willing to spend hours helping me. They are pushing hard to make EDDM work.

https://eddmkit.com/ThankYou.aspx

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 03-31-2012, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

PostcardMania

I am going to say EDDM is not for everyone. There is a lot of work involved in getting the Post Cards ready to mail. The question becomes which is more economical. You doing it and letting the business own work on other things. Or spending the time to do it your self. In my case I have been part time up until now when I decided to increase the size of my business so I can sell it for better money. Therefore I had the time.