LawnSite Senior Member

and I hear slow in reverse.....
Old 02-28-2012, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDLandscapes VT View Post
and I hear slow in reverse.....
The S800TX?

I hoping they have one at the Vermeer open house a week from Friday to demo.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

yes....talked to a guy at NE grows and he ran sk 650 head to head with an 800 and even though the 800 had a bit more force the 650 really outshined the 800. I want to demo an 800 just to know
Old 02-28-2012, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know, to me if the ride is that much better on the pavement, then I'd be willing to make the sacrifice of having a bit less performance. The pavement rattle on these machines can seriously rattle your insides, and I would like to be able to use my machine a bit more on hard surfaces.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2012, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

sk650 tracks

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post
Ya, can't wait to try them and try them out. Just a matter of getting money rolling in to absorb the cost as I'm going to do the sprockets at the same time.

The only mini machine I've found that might not have the vibration issues is the S800TX now available from Vermeer due to the triangular track configuration that keeps the sprocket of the ground. The only thing that I don't like from the looks of that machine is that it's just bigger all around.

did you put the prowler turf tracks on your 650 yet? I've tried the rubbertrax narrow turf tracks and wondering what you think of the prowler turf tracks?

AP
Old 04-04-2012, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDLandscapes VT View Post
yes....talked to a guy at NE grows and he ran sk 650 head to head with an 800 and even though the 800 had a bit more force the 650 really outshined the 800. I want to demo an 800 just to know
I've demoed both and (if cost wasn't an issue) I would pick the Vermeer every single time. But because cost is an issue and the 650 is a BEAST I will always stick with dw. Luckily for me lately I've let my guys run the machines and just been a taxi between multiple job sites.... I hope it stays this way for a while

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbor pro View Post
did you put the prowler turf tracks on your 650 yet? I've tried the rubbertrax narrow turf tracks and wondering what you think of the prowler turf tracks?

AP
Have not tried them yet. Still holding off as long as possible to make that purchase.

Track price isn't bad, it's just the fact I want to replace the sprockets also when I do the tracks. That's what's going to shoot the price up.

That and I had to drop some coin on other purchases this spring.

How do you like your rubbertrax? I know that there is two-three different lug patterns offered through them. Didn't know if you've had any better luck with the vibration. My theory is that it's not necessarily the track causing the vibration, but also coupled with the sprocket and the way it rides.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post
Have not tried them yet. Still holding off as long as possible to make that purchase.

Track price isn't bad, it's just the fact I want to replace the sprockets also when I do the tracks. That's what's going to shoot the price up.

That and I had to drop some coin on other purchases this spring.

How do you like your rubbertrax? I know that there is two-three different lug patterns offered through them. Didn't know if you've had any better luck with the vibration. My theory is that it's not necessarily the track causing the vibration, but also coupled with the sprocket and the way it rides.

I ended up selling the machine that had the rubbertrax on it. Never really got a chance to try the tracks out on turf before I sold it. I guess I didn't notice much vibration.

I just ordered a set of the prowler turf tracks. should arive today or tomorrow. Hope to have on by next week. Will report on how they work.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbor pro View Post
I just ordered a set of the prowler turf tracks. should arive today or tomorrow. Hope to have on by next week. Will report on how they work.
Ya, let me know how they work out. Turf damage really isn't my biggest concern as trying to minimize the vibration on pavement is the biggest thing I'm looking for.

As for turf, the machine really only gets used in situations where it's definitively needed and either I put down plywood in those situations, or repair the turf when I'm done.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've seen and heard so many good things about the asv green tracks - I just can't understand why that company isn't marketing towards the mini skids. I'd snag up a set of those if they worked good - even if they cost a mint.