Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-04-2012, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
Hey work is work...good work man.
I hear that, estimated 3 commercial props today, lol each about 1/2 acre. I feel they were sold. Well see how it goes. I also was contacted by a company who manages foreclosed properties, what a joke. Lol between having to take 40 pictures per prop. and the pricing based on under/over a foot tall I heard all I needed to hear. I asked him if he was looking for a photographer who cuts grass for free.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCountyLawn View Post
I hear that, estimated 3 commercial props today, lol each about 1/2 acre. I feel they were sold. Well see how it goes. I also was contacted by a company who manages foreclosed properties, what a joke. Lol between having to take 40 pictures per prop. and the pricing based on under/over a foot tall I heard all I needed to hear. I asked him if he was looking for a photographer who cuts grass for free.
I hope those bids go well for you, and yeah from what I've heard the whole'' photographer who cuts grass for free'' sounds like exactly what they want.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A few pics from today.

Learned a little about bidding things with google earth today also. Nothing tragic just continue to learn stuff every day.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Better straighten that stuff up, lol Actually I was reading earlier today about stolen equipment and my truck was outa my sight and paranoia was getting me. I was just getting it done. Last stop of the day none the less.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Stripes look good, and it always seems like I learn something new everyday.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Realized today how much I hate using the cheap personal pace 21". Lesson number 2 of bidding off of google earth. Show up and see there's a fence with the only gate in the ally. So I mow the front then have to load up go to ally, And since its tall I had to bag it. Ended up working harder to use my WB on the front then just doing with the 21....lol The lil PP only filled the bag half way so it was a every pass kind thing. Ended up with a ton of clippings. Then to boot, I **** you not. At the end of the ally the two telephone poles are so close together I don't think my trailer would fit. So luckily I was able to cut a corner over a side walk and sneak thru a driveway. Under the worst conditions I still made my number so its only gonna be easier next time. Oh and I get back there and see a dog run up and think to myself "if there's a ton of **** in there im dropping this place". Only a few, not a biggie. Guess today wasn't totally shitty.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:56 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Realized today how much I hate using the cheap personal pace 21". Lesson number 2 of bidding off of google earth. Show up and see there's a fence with the only gate in the ally. So I mow the front then have to load up go to ally, And since its tall I had to bag it. Ended up working harder to use my WB on the front then just doing with the 21....lol The lil PP only filled the bag half way so it was a every pass kind thing. Ended up with a ton of clippings. Then to boot, I **** you not. At the end of the ally the two telephone poles are so close together I don't think my trailer would fit. So luckily I was able to cut a corner over a side walk and sneak thru a driveway. Under the worst conditions I still made my number so its only gonna be easier next time. Oh and I get back there and see a dog run up and think to myself "if there's a ton of **** in there im dropping this place". Only a few, not a biggie. Guess today wasn't totally shitty.
Man if your looking for a great 21'' look at Honda you'll love them.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah my 21 gets used very little. I do wish I would have bought a lil better one but several years ago when I was getting started I blew some inheritance money like water. Knowing what I know now I would have probably got a used commercial one. Hell used everything. How much do the Hondas run ? I see that Accelerator made a run of catchers for Hondas so they must be decent.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Yeah my 21 gets used very little. I do wish I would have bought a lil better one but several years ago when I was getting started I blew some inheritance money like water. Knowing what I know now I would have probably got a used commercial one. Hell used everything. How much do the Hondas run ? I see that Accelerator made a run of catchers for Hondas so they must be decent.
Really if you use it so little I would look at Home Depot even they have some pretty good ones for $400 bagger, self propelled 3 speed and such.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
Really if you use it so little I would look at Home Depot even they have some pretty good ones for $400 bagger, self propelled 3 speed and such.
Sorry it has Variable Speed not 3 speed.