Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-08-2012, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds fine and dandy. But with that said I had a brand new truck a year ago and received 4 violations for nothing truck had 3000 miles on it.

A buddy of mine had a brand new truck he drove from the dealer to his shop and got 13 violations.

I had mowers tied down in 4 spots on the mower and got a violation because they were not where they should be.

A buddy of mine got a ticket because he had a dark window on the back of his work truck from the factory.

It's all a money game, they wave points and you only have to pay fines. It's these cash strapped communities that have had budget cuts and this is a way of making up lost revenue by picking on the businesses that are out working.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-08-2012, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazor-cut View Post
I dont post on here often but after reading the last few post i feel this might be beneficial to someone.

A while ago i ran into one of Torre & Bruglio's old mechanics. He told me this: "DOT will never stop looking for a reason to pull you over because thats how they get paid. So stop giving them a reason to pull you over! Check your (STUFF) before it leaves the yard DAILY. And Fix any problems before they have to tell you. Because 9 times outta' 10, you KNOW what they are pulling you over for before they even step foot out the car."

To this day we check the trucks before they leave. All Lights, Break aways, etc.
Lets be real United runs 43+ Enclosed trailers... They clearly have their advantages over open trailers.
If the U boys got pulled over I am sure they would find something. They have trailers forsale at road side that have holes in the side walls. Those trailers where used and in service??
Nothing is perfect. All you need is one of the mexies to forget something. They invent things to write up, it is way out of control. They will not let you leave until they make some $$$
We need a dedicate thread to doctument how the dot/weight masters are profiling the green industry!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2012, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstar lawn View Post
Wow luckily we dont have those officers on this side of town. Local guys dont really mess with us. I have only seen one commercial officer and he os out in shelby twp.
Posted via Mobile Device
Macomb County Sheriff has one
Old 04-08-2012, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoor Services View Post
If the U boys got pulled over I am sure they would find something. They have trailers forsale at road side that have holes in the side walls. Those trailers where used and in service??
Nothing is perfect. All you need is one of the mexies to forget something. They invent things to write up, it is way out of control. They will not let you leave until they make some $$$
We need a dedicate thread to doctument how the dot/weight masters are profiling the green industry!!!!!!!!!
They are going on a ticket writing frenzy because soon their money grab will be over. HB 5228 has passed in the house and is progressing along.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24v6spd View Post
Macomb County Sheriff has one
Well luckily never seen him.

I was pulled over twice last summer and not one of them wrote me a ticket or even inspected my trailer knock on wood
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-08-2012, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstar lawn View Post
Well luckily never seen him.

I was pulled over twice last summer and not one of them wrote me a ticket or even inspected my trailer knock on wood
Posted via Mobile Device
Saw him on Hayes last summer. Black Tahoe or similar vehicle.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24v6spd View Post
Saw him on Hayes last summer. Black Tahoe or similar vehicle.
Yep saw him at 26 Mile and North Ave. last Wednesday. He had a customer, a Izuzu box truck. For once it was not a landscaper
Old 04-09-2012, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looking for a 16' landscape trailer if anyone has a spare ?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-09-2012, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

AHHH that wind is terrible! Could barely do anything today.
Snow removal- commercial and residential
www.terraprolandscape.com
Equipment list- A bucket and some pruners.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightningllc View Post
Sounds fine and dandy. But with that said I had a brand new truck a year ago and received 4 violations for nothing truck had 3000 miles on it.

A buddy of mine had a brand new truck he drove from the dealer to his shop and got 13 violations.

I had mowers tied down in 4 spots on the mower and got a violation because they were not where they should be.

A buddy of mine got a ticket because he had a dark window on the back of his work truck from the factory.

It's all a money game, they wave points and you only have to pay fines. It's these cash strapped communities that have had budget cuts and this is a way of making up lost revenue by picking on the businesses that are out working.
Posted via Mobile Device
From reading this post my set up must have been up to snuff as MSP's finest pulled me over just outside of Flint, he looked at my set up with a fine tooth comb, heck I think he even called the dealership where I purchased my mowers to check to see if any where reported stolen as the dealer tag is still on the mowers along with serial numbers. Officer was upset when he had to let me go without some kind of ticket. Right before I was about to drive off he asked me about a weapon as he looked in the database and saw I hold a CCW permit. In Michigan when pulled over you have to let the officer know immediately when u have your weapon on your person. My reply was, "officer I don't have a weapon on me" Darn I can't even get him for not disclosing that little piece of info!!!! ARRGGGHHH==Police Officers reaction.

Tags
alternative landscaping