Register free!

Old 04-06-2012, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW, this is exciting. I'm going to try it on my own lawn first. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-07-2012, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
Bob, I was in Boston on Thurs, Sorry I didn't have a chance to connect with you. I would like to follow up on our conversation.
Barry, by this post, I take it you are the rep Pilgrims Pride was talking about? Is this a product in the TechTerra product line? This product sounds very interesting and if you carry it, I would just as soon get it through you if I purchase it as I would get it through the web site.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 04-07-2012, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
Barry, by this post, I take it you are the rep Pilgrims Pride was talking about? Is this a product in the TechTerra product line? This product sounds very interesting and if you carry it, I would just as soon get it through you if I purchase it as I would get it through the web site.
Ted, my conversation with Bob is completely unrelated to this product.
I am in the process of investigating it. As with all the products we offer, we do independent testing to make sure they perform well and are cost effective.

My recent trip to New England was to test and demonstrate another product that is showing some promise.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 04-07-2012, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
Ted, my conversation with Bob is completely unrelated to this product.
I am in the process of investigating it. As with all the products we offer, we do independent testing to make sure they perform well and are cost effective.

My recent trip to New England was to test and demonstrate another product that is showing some promise.
Question answered. I would be very interested in your thoughts and opinions on it once you are done with your investigation. I might even do a little investigating myself.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 04-11-2012, 07:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Ted / Barry- which products are your investigating? I have used a few and may be able to help. I mentioned earlier we are going to see what happens with the Holganix and SumaGreen Turf then of course the fertilizers we were using also. I am hoping that the SumaGreen Turf is going to at least do the same job considering its price is cheaper (per treatment) then Holganix.

Right away for me anyway the biggest difference is going to be the sprayer and not having to worrying about changing spray volume with SG Turf. From what I heard from my buddy you have change spray volume with Holganix. SG Turf seems like less headaches. I would be interested in knowing more of the products your were testing.

Barry have you used either in the past?
Old 04-11-2012, 08:56 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn132012 View Post

Barry have you used either in the past?
Sent you a PM.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 04-24-2012, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

okay I have ordered some and will be testing it on a newly seeded area when it arrives. I'll get pictures and let everyone know.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Member

McFarland- Great. Where are you located?

I promise I will get the stuff together this weekend and start mine to. I am going to run it against the Holganix product what are you doing it against?
For those that do not know I am NJ. I am going to put it on new seed as well.
I am also going to keep track of watering so both plots get same amount of water due to the dry season. I talked to Scott (SumaGreen) and told them what I should be looking for and what time line to expect on growth of the grass. They said the most recent results was from Stockners Nursery (Virgina) saying that the Fescue grass germinated in 9 days which Mark told him they usually see 12- 14 days for Fescue in his area. Plus the SumaGreen Turf treated seeds seemed like they had more germinated seeds then what they were using. He told me I could call Mark at the place to confirm.
Either way I will be letting everyone know and that will give at least two people on here with tests on SumaGreen Turf
Old 04-25-2012, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm in Maine - so extreme northeast =D

I'm going to be trying it on new seed and also on established turf - both against our regular granular fert. Obviously, the fert will have a more immediate affect since I'm guessing it takes the microbes awhile to work and release nitrogen etc but I will use it all season on one are of my lawn and see how it compares.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Member

I am in Memphis and purchased some. I will be trying it on Bermuda against Lesco granular synthetic fertilizer. I haven't met anyone yet trying it on Warm season turf.