Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-11-2012, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

All I'm saying is they want us to be licensed to do this type of work and to make sure we understand what happens when you use to much product and get fined for using to much. Yet the homeowner goes and buys almost the same stuff and destroy his yard and cause runoff and pollute the land ,but that is ok because its his property.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandview (2006) View Post
All I'm saying is they want us to be licensed to do this type of work and to make sure we understand what happens when you use to much product and get fined for using to much. Yet the homeowner goes and buys almost the same stuff and destroy his yard and cause runoff and pollute the land ,but that is ok because its his property.
keep electing democrates and you get what you get.GOVERMENT CONTROL. That's all it is grand. They charge you because you let them. I pay $80 per year and I make it up.It's called cost of doing business. I used to be a homeowner and did my own and I bet it's was better than anything you got. I just thought I knew alot.Don't get me wrong I see where you are coming from but this is America and if the dumb mass elect bama again you aint seen nothing yet.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Trust me understand what your saying.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
keep electing democrates and you get what you get.GOVERMENT CONTROL. That's all it is grand. They charge you because you let them. I pay $80 per year and I make it up.It's called cost of doing business. I used to be a homeowner and did my own and I bet it's was better than anything you got. I just thought I knew alot.Don't get me wrong I see where you are coming from but this is America and if the dumb mass elect bama again you aint seen nothing yet.
So true, and so scary. People better get off the couch and to a voting booth in november
Old 04-11-2012, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
You don't see it hasn't been mulched yet?
That's the first thing I noticed!
Toro
STHIL
Shindawia
Western Salt Spreader
Billy Goat
Tomahawk

Minnesota certified pesticide applicator
NOT MY PRESIDENT!

Brotherhood 2000 plus fourteen
"The real lawn care Jesus"
Old 04-11-2012, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Actually we have idiots on both sides in NY. They jacked it up for the money then they gut the DEC who is in charge of these things. Our one elected official came up with a great plan to make more money for the State. Golf courses have to pay a water tax on the water they use to water their course,even if you don't use public water and pump from your own pond.They have to submit how much water they will pump from it then get as tax bill. As for cost,it used to be 50 a year for a license and 200 for 3 years for the business. Not it's 200 a yr for the license and 1000.00 for 3 yrs for the business.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry you have to deal with idiots running your state. Here the new dot regs are getting out of hand. When you go over 10001 lbs you have to have dot# and that opens up a big can of worms. To much to list here. So that ends my grass cutting and just sticking to spraying. Good luck grand and remember we still live in America; for how much longer depends on us in November.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Lordy Lordy.

There is evidence that the homeowner is responsible for much of the pollution from herbicides and fertilizers. However this is still America.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Sorry you have to deal with idiots running your state. Here the new dot regs are getting out of hand. When you go over 10001 lbs you have to have dot# and that opens up a big can of worms. To much to list here. So that ends my grass cutting and just sticking to spraying. Good luck grand and remember we still live in America; for how much longer depends on us in November.
Where you been? Thats been on the books for a long while.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelyGuy View Post
I saw this the other day.
I have one in my hood that looks just like that...just so happens another LCO that lives in my hood takes care of it.
Posted via Mobile Device