Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
View Poll Results: Which blower should I get?
Echo PB-255LN 3 30.00%
Husqvarna 125B 7 70.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2012, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Blowers: Echo PB-255LN or Husqvarna 125B?

Yep, another handheld blower thread. However, I am only interested in the Echo PB-255LN and Husqvarna 125B, of which the former is not frequently discussed here (or anywhere else on the web).

I am a homeowner that will use this for driveway cleanup once per week for 5-10 minutes, maybe blow out the garage, dry the car, etc. I do not have many large trees on my property, so I usually mow/mulch any leaves into the turf in the fall. I don't need a backpack blower, nor do I want to pay the price for one.

I have an Echo dealer 2 minutes from the house. The Husqvarna dealer is about 30 minutes way (neither are big box stores). I'm in a rural area, so some of the other popular brands like Redmax, Shindaiwa, Tanaka, and Makita are hard to find.

A big selling point for me is easy access to OEM parts, either from a dealer or online.

I have no interest in dealing with Stihl. They make fine products, but unless someone is selling a LNIB Stihl BG86 for $100, I'm not interested.

I'm not interested in electric units or the disposable Wal-mart stuff.

The 125B has a reputation for good reliability and decent performance at a very good price.

What has me looking at the PB-255 is the parallel second handle. I have a bit of arthritis in my arms and feel this might be a worthwhile feature. But, if the PB-255 is a poor performer, I'll rough it with the 125B.

The PB-255 is $200 and the 125B is $150.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Tags
125b , blower , echo , husqvarna , pb-255