Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-12-2012, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Member

ecolawn- loads/area per hour

Hi All,
I am doing a few topdressing jobs with a ecolawn spreader that I am renting to try out. all of these lawns are under 3/4 acre. how much area can you cover per hour when applying ~1/4" or 1 yard per 2000ft2?
also had a customer that wants me to do their property which is 3 acres...is the ecolawn undersized for that size property?
Thanks in advance.
John
Old 04-13-2012, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Eco-Lawn efficiency

It's not the machine really, rather it's loading the machiine. I run two Turfco Mete-R-Matics & 1 Eco-lawn. The Eco can do 2 to 1 over the Turfco as long as I can reload quickly & I run it full go unless I'm edging out the around the house or flowerbeds in which case I'm only idling & nothing faster. To load I utilize a gravity flow out of the dumptrucks using just a 4x8 sheet of plywood, a 2x6 knee brace & two 3' pieces of angle iron. Reload is less than 30 seconds & it's nearly effortless & especially when I get the Big Bertha Dumptruck Vibrator hooked up from Vibco, I'm really looking forward to testing that out, if I can only find the time to install. Concerning the plywood ramp, I never thought I'd love something so simple so much.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2012, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

eco-lawn

I tell ya, nothing will irritate you more than not being able to utilize the core feature of your dumptruck when loading machines. I racked my brain trying to incorporate the dump feature with something nearly automated. I totally went the long expensive way around but hey at least I didn't go & buy a Mulch Mule for $50k. They have the right concept in their video when showing the guys trying to fill the wheelbarrows by dumping directly into them. They could have done it accurately if they'd just went & bought a $40 sheet of pressure-treated plywood, a 2'x6' & some iron, oh & a few screws & bolts.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:01 AM
LawnSite Member

cool concept on the reload. how much of an area can you cover in an hour?
Old 04-14-2012, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking about your question while on two jobs yesterday. We spread 10 cubic yards with 3 machines in less than 55 minutes. 7 yards went on a newly sodded yard & we put it on heavy to fill in seams etc. The neighbors backyard only needed 3 yards. Your question is a little tricky because I could spread the same 10 yards over an acre in the same time but it won't be heavy enough to be beneficial.