Register free!

Old 06-28-2003, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm not sure on that, but it only takes me about 30 seconds to fill out the paperwork, put an envelope, and a brochure about the treatment in a bag that hangs on the door. we don't use ride ons. We have one, it has only been used on our own properties, I don't think that some of our customers would like us going out and charging them 400-500 dollars and being done in 20 minutes. We use Scotts spreaders when we are doing granular applications. Have you had any complaints from customers, what do you do if the ground is very wet? I have had spreaders sinking in some places this year, I would hate to see what would have happened if I were on a perma green rideon.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We carry both the ride-on and the push spreader, there are yards that we are better to do with the push and especially when it was extremely wet last month, push was the only way to do some. Actually the ride-ons have made some guys a little to lazy so with the summer we're using the psuhes more since they need to spot more, especially edges.