Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-15-2012, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Member

well what to buy now?

took me 3days to find a lawn care board....
I've only got a small business on the side it's not my full time job. I've used mec-amine-d for several years I went to pick some up and they didn't have any.. They tried telling me 2,4-d lv4 or 2,4-d amine 4 ithey say it's just as good if not better. I'm a firm believe if something isn't broken don't fix it..

main problems dandelions, clover, and whatever those lil purple flowers are..

what's the best to spray? I hired tru-green to do it one time, realized with what it cost them to come twice I could buy all the stuff to do it myself. Plus make myself money on the side
Old 04-15-2012, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavo View Post
took me 3days to find a lawn care board....
I've only got a small business on the side it's not my full time job. I've used mec-amine-d for several years I went to pick some up and they didn't have any.. They tried telling me 2,4-d lv4 or 2,4-d amine 4 ithey say it's just as good if not better. I'm a firm believe if something isn't broken don't fix it..

main problems dandelions, clover, and whatever those lil purple flowers are..

what's the best to spray? I hired tru-green to do it one time, realized with what it cost them to come twice I could buy all the stuff to do it myself. Plus make myself money on the side
Chavo

May I suggest you hire a real professional Lawn care company, Not True Green who has the worst reputation in the Industry.

4L or Ester and Amine are NOT the same and each has it's place. I suggest you leave Chemical Treatments to those who are Properly trained to do so.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Member

funny thing is I was just asking for advice, the mec amine d was a recommended from a friend who went to school and is the care taker at a well know golf coarse. I don't live in FL so I won't be taking any business from you.. I'll just find some more mec-amine and go about business I can see this board isn't friendly at all to the folks that try to save money and do it their self good luck buddy.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The purple flower is most likley wild violet. Its a tougher weed to kill. Use a three-way when its flowering or use something stronger such as whatever chemicals are in Lesco momentom Fx or Battleship III from Helena. Google there labels and see whats available to you. Also, Quloratic (sp) (Drive 75) can do pretty good on wild violets and some broad leafs but its expensive.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Member

I was thinking it might be that creeping charlie?
I could post pics if someone would offer advice other than for me to call a professional
Old 04-17-2012, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Remember to apply any weed killer to a property that is not your own--you need to be a licensed pesticide applicator--state and Federal law, and for good reasons.

Weed be Gone Max is your best bet; costs more, but better than mecamine D. For your own property, of course.

I am sure the guys in Indiana do not want to compete with unlicensed and non-insured part-timers.
I hope you understand our point of view.

Professional treatment from a small business my cost a bit more...however you have the advantage of owner-operated, better training, proper equipment, insured, licensed, experienced, and probably guaranteed. And if you are lucky--some of us speak English and have friendly personalities.

At this time of year, purple flowers could be Veronica--rather difficult to kill.
http://www.msuturfweeds.net/details/...g_speedwell_2/

Last edited by RigglePLC; 04-17-2012 at 03:55 PM. Reason: add