Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-17-2012, 07:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superior L & L View Post
Clean ups ? We are on our third mow at most site. Some will have there fourth cut this week.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm on the third mow also, but these are one time clean ups or people who didn't get back to us early enough and are now on the tail end of the clean up's.
Exmark Lazer Z 60"
Toro 52" Proline
John Deere LT155
(2) Husky Backpack Blower BT150
Echo Edger
Echo Trimmer
and American Muscle
Old 04-17-2012, 07:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightningllc View Post
Guys I sent the link to the house bill to the police officer weigh master that wrote me a list of tickets and I got this in return from him.

Justin,
I sure am.* If it ultimately makes law, it wonít last too long though.* That adoption of law is tied to federal road money, that Michigan isnít going to be too thrilled with giving up.* But, I guess only time will tell!
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBLawn View Post
Typical "public servant" trying desperately to justify his value to society. You may point out to Mr. Weighmaster that this exact topic was brought up during the hearings and the legal opinion received in return by the legislators was that there are no federal funds at risk in this matter. It was never the Fed's intention to regulate intrastate commerce for vehicles under 26k lbs. No surprise, the WM is speaking of things he knows nothing about, and wrong again.

That being said, don't get too excited about this bill coming through right now -- it is not the salvation we are all hoping for. Basically, all this one will allow us to do is take the DOT #'s off the trucks, lift the hours of service limits for snow plowing, and you no longer have to fill out daily inspection logs. Even if it passes, you will still have to carry your med card, and be subject to all the roadside equipment "inspections" we have today.

The holy grail bill that will make all this fix-it tickets hasn't even been sent to committee yet. We have the Farm Bureau on our side pushing for it, but even so I'm anticipating this one will be much harder to get passed.
Agreed, but this weighmaster is an idiot.

Not only are there no federal funds tied to it, the feds CAN'T regulate intrastate commerce according to the Constitution.

Maybe you could point that out to him Justin. The Constitution that he was sworn to uphold.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
Agreed, but this weighmaster is an idiot.

Not only are there no federal funds tied to it, the feds CAN'T regulate intrastate commerce according to the Constitution.

Maybe you could point that out to him Justin. The Constitution that he was sworn to uphold.
You didn't read the fine print..."unless money gets involved".
Snow removal- commercial and residential
www.terraprolandscape.com
Equipment list- A bucket and some pruners.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapro View Post
You didn't read the fine print..."unless money gets involved".
Yeah, I know.

Too bad more of the public "servants" don't uphold their vows to obey the Constitution. Starting with the president and moving right on to Congress. Right down to the weigh master, etc.

I do feel bad for you guys, all the state motor carrier and weighmasters on this side of the state are decent, for the most part. There was one a-hole in Wyoming, but he hasn't been too bad of late. He was learning on the job, taking half hour to 45 minutes to find something in his book to write people up for. He didn't even know the laws. There is one jerk out of Wayland post that has made life miserable for some of the commercial trucks down that way.

You guys contact the city commissioners and state reps\senators to complain about these jackwagons? If not, it might be worth a try.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I am glad no one my way knows the law. I went back and forth last spring with the state cops and DOT officer about what were the laws. No one knew until I called the DMV. Even know the guy who mows for the city I live in does not have a dot number or any decals on his truck. Thay bid was the reason why I went round and round with the local cops because they needed a dot number for that bid. Well the guy who won it and has been doing it for years is fully illegal and I half want to rat him out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-17-2012, 02:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
Yeah, I know.

Too bad more of the public "servants" don't uphold their vows to obey the Constitution. Starting with the president and moving right on to Congress. Right down to the weigh master, etc.

I do feel bad for you guys, all the state motor carrier and weighmasters on this side of the state are decent, for the most part. There was one a-hole in Wyoming, but he hasn't been too bad of late. He was learning on the job, taking half hour to 45 minutes to find something in his book to write people up for. He didn't even know the laws. There is one jerk out of Wayland post that has made life miserable for some of the commercial trucks down that way.

You guys contact the city commissioners and state reps\senators to complain about these jackwagons? If not, it might be worth a try.
Keep talking like that, Mark, and we're going to start to explore our Grand Rapids expansion initiative!

You assume that we have responsible local government. Its an open secret that the city commissioners are the ones encouraging their own CE officers to keep the money flowing in. Its all about the $$$ - they could care less about who they are shaking down to get it.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Havent been on in a while, hope everyones doing well!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBLawn View Post
Typical "public servant" trying desperately to justify his value to society. You may point out to Mr. Weighmaster that this exact topic was brought up during the hearings and the legal opinion received in return by the legislators was that there are no federal funds at risk in this matter. It was never the Fed's intention to regulate intrastate commerce for vehicles under 26k lbs. No surprise, the WM is speaking of things he knows nothing about, and wrong again.

That being said, don't get too excited about this bill coming through right now -- it is not the salvation we are all hoping for. Basically, all this one will allow us to do is take the DOT #'s off the trucks, lift the hours of service limits for snow plowing, and you no longer have to fill out daily inspection logs. Even if it passes, you will still have to carry your med card, and be subject to all the roadside equipment "inspections" we have today.

The holy grail bill that will make all this fix-it tickets hasn't even been sent to committee yet. We have the Farm Bureau on our side pushing for it, but even so I'm anticipating this one will be much harder to get passed.
HB5228 when it passes will change the threshold for compliance with federal DOT rules to 26,001 and up which is the Federal level except for certain vehicles in intrastate commerce. That includes current regulations including cell phone use, medical card etc. It passed the house unanimously and is now in the Senate transportation committee. I'm sure there are state vehicle codes on the books but when this passes vehicles under 26,000 will not be held to the federal standard.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hello Mr Mark, You have been missed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-17-2012, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

anyone know what time veolia land fill open in the morning??
2013 7x20 sur-track open trailer
2010 exmark lazer "x" series 60" 34hp
2011 exmark lazer "x" series 60" 29hp
2013 exmark lazer "s" series 60" 27hp
2013 exmark turf tracer "s" series 52" 20hp
2011 wright stander RH 52" 19hp
1013 exmark commerical 30" wb
honda push mower
(4) weed wips shindiawa,redmax,echo
(2) stick edgers shindiawa,redmax
(3)redmax 7001
sthil br 340