Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-18-2012, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Some initial pictures of early mowing/striping

Here are a few pictures of some early mowing with a JD f932. I am guesstimating that I've knocked down some 25 or so acres since March 2012. In fact a few of the areas were double cut (as in forward then back) since the grasses were tall or thick. Being a front mower I had the benefit of cutting the material before I drove on it. A good thing when working around briars, small thorn trees, and being able to avoid obstacles like rocks, ant hills, and woodchuck holes. So yes, in other words, I have used this machine as a light-duty bushhog (emphasis on light-duty).

*** Some tech stuff --
The unit was bought last fall with around 780hrs, low for a 1987 machine. It has a 72" deck with high lift blades. I will soon use Oregon G6 blades. Gas engine -28hp (?) - It hasn't screamed for more power. The 2wd does well and the machine holds itself very well on steep ground, much better than the zt's I have demoed on same terrain. It does not, however, give any 'warning' to getting stuck in soft-spongy terrain. What it does is run fine, no spin, then you're stuck. Not buried, in fact pushes/pulls out easy with another machine. Still, wish it had 4wd...
Old 04-18-2012, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Member

1st photo - This area doesn't look it but it is soft. Grass here was very thick. Area above stone wall had lots of briars and small thorn trees.
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2012, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Member

2nd photo: the mower on side hill, taken back in mid-March

3rd photo: around a pond

4th photo: some attempts at striping on this rough lawn...'pickup check' - looks good from the road, but up close you can see all the mistakes and holes in yard. note- cones are marking out area to for minor construction, so that part will soon get all torn up
Old 04-18-2012, 11:04 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

nice work. i would love to find me a mower like that for cutting overgrown stuff.

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers

Tags
bushhog , f932 , striping