Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-18-2012, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

RH deck pitch

is the deck pitch adjustable at all on the RH standers? or know what it is set to from factory? trying to get a better cut out of it, not the happiest with it...have to overlap quite a bit it seems to get it to cut good on the discharge side
Old 04-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Sponsor

kawakx125,

There is some adjustment at the front of the deck, first check that the rear tire pressures are the same then take blade measurements at the sides of the deck to see if the deck is off side to side. On the front hangers where they attach to the deck there should be three holes punched ontop of each other on the hanger that allow a 1/8" change up or down. Also check how the blades tips line up with each other between the chambers to make sure there is no damage to the deck causing a blade to run on a different plane causing a different cut height. Is the grass not being cut at all or is it cut at a different height?

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

its a brand new mower with only about 7hrs on it, i'm just wondering if the dealer didn't set it up quite right to begin with. i'll take some measurements tonight and see where that gets me. basically it seems to me like the grass is being blown over instead of sucked up at the discharge chute and leaving a thin line of uncut or taller grass down the side. my dad happened to mention today that it looks like his front yard is stepped some also, so i'll check all the side to side and front/back stuff when i get home and blade alignment as well. I can't imagine something being damaged already, the deck has hit NOTHING and is always raised up when ever blades are off.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

top hole raises front, bottom hole lowers front? if it needs side to side just use different holes on either side?
Old 04-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Sponsor

kawakx125,

Correct on both questions.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Front to back was good, side to side off about 1/8". Roughly 1/4" pitch in center holes, 3/8 or slightly more in bottom. Put it back in middle. Blades are even measured in middle. Kinda stumped as to why 1 side(left if standing on mower) would be higher on end but the blades are even in middle? They maintain the 1/8" distance through rotation except where they meet. Tire pressures are equal.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-19-2012, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

what about different blades? are the originals high lift? any feedback on how the gator mulcher high lift blades do in these decks? i mainly side discharge. i'm stumped as to why this thing cuts like crap and hardly leaves a stripe
Old 04-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Sponsor

kawakx125,

It could be a slight difference in the rear tire height, easy check is to swap the assmblies from one side to the other and see if the 1/8" moves to the other side. The tolerance in the tires means sometimes they are slightly different heights. The stock blades are medium lift so a switch to high lifts will create more vacuum and air flow. The Gators won't generate the same air flow as a solid foil high lift blade, but do help reduce clipping size when side discharging.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

another question regarding the pitch-- should i have someone standing on mower when checking it? if so maybe the bottom hole would be best to maintain that 1/4'' if rear drops down slightly when standing on it. however when using bottom hole it was almost impossible to get pulley guard back on, not enough clearance between bracket and cover.

also, having issues changing blades. if i hold blade still and try to tighten it just spins the spindle and pulley. same went for loosening. only way i've found i can do it is with an impact, and i'm not sure mine has enough power to tighten fully. could this be a belt problem or something? i think i should be able to replace blades with a standard wrench, not everyone has an impact available. i was thinking of trying the gator g6 blades, think i'd still be better off with just a high lift?
Old 04-21-2012, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i switched the blades to the gator g6 blades...made a major improvement and i'm pretty happy with the way the mower performed today