Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-29-2003, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Member

neighbors- no moles!

My neighbors yards around me don't have moles, they have all come over to my yard and made their homes there, I tell you its plum pitiful. They all have pros that spray their yards, must spray 2-3 times a year. I don't want to pay the pros rather do it myself, yard has been negelted for several years. I am in process in getting it back in shape. I am thinking of Merit soluable bags or Bayer Advanced lawn season long grub control granules. When would be the latest I should put down like in of July, Aug. etc. I have been told of the traps, but how come neighbors don't have traps to catch the moles. The cotten-pickers don't have those pesky rascals. Any sloutions from anyone? Thanks Terp
Old 06-29-2003, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

no food for moles=no moles.
kill the grubs etc the moles eat and they will seek greener pastures...no pun intended
Old 06-29-2003, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Member

You two should both already know that killing grubs will not get rid of moles for sure. Moles eat earthworms and any other insect that they come upon. check out this site. www.themoleman.com
Old 06-30-2003, 12:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

This is true. Moles eat about anything. However, if you put down an insectide, especially like Merit, that has a residual effect, you will eliminate most or all food source for these. Unfortunately, you also lose alot of predators, and eathworms, and the birds go away, and the whole eco-system is disrupted.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 07-01-2003, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Kill the grubs to get rid of the moles is a knee-jerk idea to sell an expensive insecticide application. Go to <a href="http://www.entm.purdue.edu/entomology/ext/targets/ADM/ADMPDF/ADM-10.pdf">ADM-10
</a> and get the real dope on moles.