Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Magna-Matic
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Magna-Matic Lawn Mower Blade Balancers, Sharpeners, and more

Old 04-24-2012, 01:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Pleasant Surprise

I have read with envy all the posts on Lawnsite.com with regards to Magna- Matic and the easy of operation etc. however to get 1 only shipped here to New Zealand the freight alone made it prohibitive never mind the exchange rate. Last year I purchased from your Australian agent the M1000 balancer, so last week I decided to bite the bullet and import from him an M9000 sharpener. You can imagine my joy and surprise when he passed my order onto your newly appointed agent here in Auckland, they had 1 in stock so I parted with the $945.00 + GST and had it the next day here in Tauranga.
It sound expensive but then again a set of 3X G6 blades costs $156.00 so it will not take that long to start paying for it's self in savings if I can say double the life of the blade.
To day I fitted the first set of sharpened blades, and the difference was just awesome, it felt as if I had stitched another 2-3 hp into my mower and the cut, faultless. Thank you for making such a fine quality product, all you need to do now is advertise that your products are available here in New Zealand on your website.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Sponsor

Hello kiwi1

Thank you for your complements, and testimonial. I'm glad you were put in touch with Stevens Products Ltd. Anytime you have any questions feel free to post or email me.

Your results of feeling more power out of the mower is very common once blades have been balanced and properly sharpened, so often people are incorrectly sharpening and not balancing at all. It is a big loss in performance of the investment made in a commercial mower for lawn care pros.

Thank you for the reminder, I just added our New Zealand dealer to the list. During the last re-design of our website (in Feb 2012) we must have missed adding him.

http://www.magna-matic.com/internati...tributors.html

Thank you,

Magna-Matic Corporation
Waldo WI USA
800-328-1110 (toll free USA & Canda)
920-564-2366 (PHONE)
gbauer2@magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic-direct.com
www.youtube.com/magnamaticcorp
Old 04-25-2012, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Congratulations! Isn't it nice when things work out in your favor. You will be very busy in your new trade.

Dennis in Boise, Idaho, USA
Old 04-25-2012, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank's Dennis, I have been using flap discs on a 4" grinder for years and was pretty proud of the results, just goes to show how wrong you can be.