Register free!

Old 04-24-2012, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadzilla View Post
Dayum. I guess if we ever have other questions about Mineral Oil we can come to you?

lol
Sure have a cas # or a sample and cash for testing.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:53 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Crop oil concentrate is mineral oil with a specific boiling point, maximum unsulfonated residue and maximum aromatic hydrocarbon content. With a suitable emulsifier at 20% of the volume. Most mineral oils are probably too high boiling and containing impurities that are phytotoxic. You are also looking at how to get said oil to emulsify without making a hot mix. Most surfactants sold over the counter or at fertilizer dealers are not designed to do this safely. I would leave formulating adjuvants to the the manufacturers. Which is why I have 4 different additives on the truck. Each one has its proper use.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 04-25-2012, 07:11 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Crop oil concentrate is mineral oil with a specific boiling point, maximum unsulfonated residue and maximum aromatic hydrocarbon content. With a suitable emulsifier at 20% of the volume. Most mineral oils are probably too high boiling and containing impurities that are phytotoxic. You are also looking at how to get said oil to emulsify without making a hot mix. Most surfactants sold over the counter or at fertilizer dealers are not designed to do this safely. I would leave formulating adjuvants to the the manufacturers. Which is why I have 4 different additives on the truck. Each one has its proper use.
And other types of mineral oils may have other environmental hazards as well as various dangers to the operator.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Next to Mosquito eating Fish, mineral oil is a great inexpensive Mosquito larvicide. Biological controls like Mosquito eating fish are easier in ponds or bodies of water that retain water year round. But Mineral Oil is best used in that water Detainment area that dry up.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:16 AM
LawnSite Member

@Dukester Here's the crop oil label that started me wondering. Does this help you (I dunno)?

http://www.cdms.net/ldat/ld10T000.pdf
Old 04-25-2012, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3XTEKS View Post
@Dukester Here's the crop oil label that started me wondering. Does this help you (I dunno)?

http://www.cdms.net/ldat/ld10T000.pdf
As the label says, do you have experiance in knowing it will not cause problems. The other 15% is the emulisfier, what are you going to use for that?

I think Greens DR summed it up well.

There are too many types of "mineral Oil"

Tags
crop oil , detergent , spreader stickers , sticker spreader , stickers