Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-29-2012, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Member

I liked it so much I became a dealer. I have a pasture test going and three turfgrass customers testing the product right now. The stuff seems to be working as advertised I'm just waiting a little longer to get my own soil tests done.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Member

other products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Peak View Post
I liked it so much I became a dealer. I have a pasture test going and three turfgrass customers testing the product right now. The stuff seems to be working as advertised I'm just waiting a little longer to get my own soil tests done.

Have you tried any of Sumagreen's other products? Primarily the Poa Anna control product. Thanks
Old 05-01-2012, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Member

I understand the Poa product works great but the price is a little high for me. It looks like their most expensive product. I guess it is because it says while it helps get rid of Poa the treatment will not leave any Brown spots.

I am letting the group down (or should I say my buddy is) as he has never dropped off the Holganix for me to test side by side.

I think either way I am going to do the test on the grass this weekend as I just want to see the difference in growth and all I am looking for right now is that it competes with my normal treatments with fertilizer since fertilizer costs are going up again.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Received my 2 gallon jug today....I'm going to set out seed and test areas in my back lawn this weekend. I will be using a blend of TTTF and KBG. Stay tuned - I'm excited.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Member

McFarland- What kind of seed are you using?

I am going to do Fescue and for fun a little Blue Grass. They told me if I do the test they did not care what kind of grass seed I used as long as it was not fertilizer coated seed
Old 05-02-2012, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I just ordered 2 gallons to use as a test. A few things im skeptical about...1. raising my ph above the high 5's causes rampant summer patch in my area..I used a very expensive all natural humate greens grade fert last year and it worked more consistently than anything I've ever used....problem was the 7 ph it caused. 2. all of the comps are to synthetic fert, not things like plant tone, PHC, etc. I have no doubt the science works, as anyone who has ever used something like plant tone in a problem area would tell you. 3. The Phos levels in Long Island can be higher than your soil test report will go. Some people say it isnt available and some say it is. I've had 2 different soil reports with 2 different answers. This product claims to make the phos bio available. I'm willing to bet that many other products do the same thing. For me it all comes down to cost. .33/1000 sounds like it's too good to be true. Im already down to 1.5lbs n per season and my grass is a deep green that iv'e only seen 1 guy beat.....and he's cutting at 2.5" with a reel mower.

Last edited by mdlwn1; 05-02-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

meant to say 1.5-2.25lbs n
Old 05-02-2012, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Guess who is now a SumaGreen Distributor.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 05-03-2012, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

when you get some time, let me know if you have any relevant info I should be aware of or test conditions you would like me to try.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:24 AM
LawnSite Member

Results are very promising. I just wrote about it on the SumaGrow (Sumagreen Turf) one which I meant to write it on here but doing what it says and so far so good. Good time to get product that works with priced going up on fertilizers. Trying to get caught up on these emails with the rain day.
Anyone else seeing results yet? Also what was your rate that many of you applied it on at? Majority of the ones I treated I did the 2 oz but then I went to their website and saw --- New Lawns (Again DOUBLE application for ONLY first application) ---
I copied right from website . What I am not sure about is are they talking about from NEW SEED (new lawn) or a virgin lawn that has not had the product on it yet? Either way I did not use 4 oz on first application but I did use 3 oz on a few that needed some extra help. What I noticed is that they are responding a little faster. I was wondering this as maybe if I used the 4 oz on first treatment if they would be greener already.
--Rainy here in NJ