Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-30-2012, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PremierPest View Post
We have a wildlife trapping division of our pest control company. In Florida, you have to have a state pest control license to trap rodents, bats, and birds. Most trappers also are pco's. We offer rat control, squirrel control, raccoon control, and wildlife control.
Premier Pest

Your Misinformation really threw up some red flags. Therefore I checked out Orlando Pest Control on the State Website. It is not listed as a Licensed Pest Control company. Nor is Premier Pest management listed as a licensed pest control company. BTW when I click on the Orlando pest control it takes me to Premier Pest Management website.

http://app1.flaes.org/ceu/

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Ric, I'm not sure the State does a very good job keeping current on the website. We have people listed that have not been employed for a long time. I expect budget cuts put a crimp in site updating. Just my $.02.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsNbows View Post
Ric, I'm not sure the State does a very good job keeping current on the website. We have people listed that have not been employed for a long time. I expect budget cuts put a crimp in site updating. Just my $.02.
Ric

I have the same thing on my state website listing. I am told the state parks that person on the last company they were associated with. Once they go to work with an other company, they come off our companies listing. With all the Budget cuts I am well aware of the reliability or lack of reliability of the the State websites in general.

As for checking out Orlando Pest Control, The Greater Orlando area Phone book doesn't list a company called "Orlando Pest Control" EITHER. There actually is a "Premier Pest Management" but they are in Naples Fla half a State away from Orlando.

To me there are certain steps in training a New applicator. First order of business is understanding the Laws and how it applies to you and your job. That means knowing what licenses are required. Next comes Pesticide safety and then finally the chemicals and how to use them. IMHO this isn't rocket science and most people can learn it. BUT IT TAKES TIME AND EXPERIENCE. You and I are lucky in the fact we both have something from U of F called a degree in horticulture. Still I have had a Hispanic people with a 3rd grade education from a foreign country teach me several things about horticulture.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 05-01-2012, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Just out of curiosity I googled Premier Pest as google is really good about pulling local stuff that is relevant to your local area and I found these guys. Not sure if this is the poster or not but I was able to find them. The guy on the right used to work in the Winter Park Lesco I think and if it is him then his business is really really new as he was working there until recently.

http://premierpestcontrolfl.com/id19.htm

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Just out of curiosity I googled Premier Pest as google is really good about pulling local stuff that is relevant to your local area and I found these guys. Not sure if this is the poster or not but I was able to find them. The guy on the right used to work in the Winter Park Lesco I think and if it is him then his business is really really new as he was working there until recently.

http://premierpestcontrolfl.com/id19.htm
And according to the information for that company on the website they did in fact just have their original license issued to them in March of this year.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Premier pest CONTROL and Premier Pest MANAGEMENT are in fact two different companies.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Ric,

Educate yourself before you post YOUR FALSE FACTS!

Quote:
the only animal that requires a General Household Pest license are Bats. To poison rodent does require a GHP License.
If you click here, read Chapter 482.021, section 21-22c, You will see that FDACS enforces the control of vermin (mice, rats, & squirrels) bats, & pest birds (i.e. pigeons), not just bats, and not just poisoning them!

Quote:
However Trapping Nuisance Wildlife including rodents doesn't require a License. Wildlife trapping is regulated by the FWC, check out their website for the real truth if you don't believe me.
If you click here, you will read that anyone wanting to remove mice, rats, squirrels, bats or pest birds should contact the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) before doing that type of work. Why? Because those are regulated by FDACS! If you want to trap raccoons, opossums, or armadillos, you don't need a license!

Thank God you know all those laws so accurately! Just wondering, how long have you been a licensed CPO? I know lots of guys with a UF Horticulture degree that don't know anything about lawn care, indoor pest, or wildlife control. You preach about knowing the laws and how important that is, but you don't even know the basics! I'm embarrassed for you!