Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-02-2012, 08:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPT Stream Rotar View Post
The material in minimal, technology is basic. Why not try to talk them down off their sticker price....
In that case just DIY. Damn dude, you install irrigation systems, ya think ya can handle a f'n dog fence.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have one of the Petsafe wireless systems and I love it. I don't really use it anymore since I put up a wood fence in my backyard last year. It's kept my golden retreiver in the yard great since he was a little puppy. He learned the barriers very quickly. I only had the flags out for a day. He was quickly "conditioned" to know that the warning beep meant he needed to turn around.

The wireless will extends up to a 90ft radius (radius is fully adjustable) from the center point. It also has an optional 12V plug where you can plug it in your vehicle and keep the pet close to the vehicle if you're camping or something like that. It has up to 7 levels of correction. I never had to go past 5 with my golden. That was mainly because of his thick coat.

I take it with me when I go visit my parents and set it up in their house to keep him in their yard since they don't have a fence.