Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 04-30-2012, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Member

X-One oil change

if you were not already aware, i traded my 60" 2010 Fastrak Super Duty in last week for a 60" 2012 X-One. i really like the machine, (there is one thing that i would change on it, but another day) but while reading the manual, (oh no a guy foul, reading the instructions) i noticed it said to change the oil after the first 8 hours. you change the oil but NOT the filter. then the manual says that you change the filter after the first 100 or 200 (i forget) hours. so i guess i can assume that when you change the oil you do not change the filter.

is this something that Hustler actually recommends, change the oil after the first 8 hours but NOT the filter and then you change the oil at regular intervals but only change the filter after 200 hours?

perhaps i am misunderstanding this, so i am checking with you to verify.

rob
Old 05-01-2012, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Go to this link and download the service manual > http://www.hustlerturf.com/images/pr...als/113874.pdf
Then go to page 9-1 and let me know if this is the same thing you are reading now.

Pj
Old 05-01-2012, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Member

nice manual....would be nice to have that in print......anyways, i see what you are referring to and that is the advise i will follow. i did that when i bought the SD brand new and i changed the oil and filter out at the end of the mowing season.

the information i was reading was in the kawasaki owners manual, that came with the unit. though i did notice that in note 4 it said after the initial oil change to follow the engine manufactures instructions, which says "Change the oil filter every 200 hours of operation.", that is on page 25.

i personally will change the filter every time i drain the oil, at $3.00, it is cheap insurance....a waste, perhaps but cheap. just my 2 cents is all.

thought i'd as the experts is all......thanks for the info Pj

rob
Old 05-02-2012, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The link is a .PDF, you can save it and print it as needed or just use it as a digital copy and print he pages you need when you need them.

Pj