Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-04-2012, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb84 View Post
Though im not a pest guy ( just browsing) I do have alot of experience with direct mail. You really want to dial in on your target market. Why send out 5000 when you can send out 1000 and get an equal number of calls. Choose based on income, education, zip code, dwelling type, etc. Who do you want to work for? Who do you work for? I also suggest hand sticking postage and not making the flyer too polished. You want the recipient to look at the card before throwing it away with all the other junk they get. If the card looks like it could be as important as a hand written note from grandma, your getting calls. Dont just throw money at it...
I looked into target marketing and decided against it. First in the case of Pest Control the lower income people need it just as much as high income. Cost wise instead of $0.145 each I would be looking at 1st class mail costs plus the labor expense of individual addressing of those mailers.

My cost for $ 5,000 Post cards printed and send EDDM is $ 1010.00. My cost to send 1,000 targeted post cards with address and Mailing list cost would be close to the same cost and only 1/5 the coverage.

I repeat that in my case Inside & Outside pest control is valuable to every postal customer including business. I actually want to send a post card to every apt or condo owner.

It is all about ROI (Return On Investment) and EDDM appears to be my best ROI.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Mine went out the past couple of weeks. picked up a few aerations and 3 small landscape jobs. I even go a call for an estimate for a relative of one of my referring partners i have listed on it that was the reason why he called me. Also in my mail I'm getting more businesses using this deal from the post office.