Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-10-2012, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
Bill I had the same problem with the first kit I ordered for my 08" 36" FD. The bolt you speak of wouldn't line up at all. Wright sent me a new one and it worked. You still have to push that one hole to get it to work but it does work.
Posted via Mobile Device
Glad I saved the box. It is working with just the two center bolts but I would like one that bolts up easily and I could use all four bolts without needing to drill. Drilling new holes would be one thing but these would be elongated type holes.
Does yours cover the entire discharge opening? Mine has a pretty good gap at the rear where the mulch kit flares out. In the dry areas it blows crap out but in the junk and high moisture weeds it clogs up and quites blowing out. I wonder if the jig was set up wrong on some of them.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
Glad I saved the box. It is working with just the two center bolts but I would like one that bolts up easily and I could use all four bolts without needing to drill. Drilling new holes would be one thing but these would be elongated type holes.
Does yours cover the entire discharge opening? Mine has a pretty good gap at the rear where the mulch kit flares out. In the dry areas it blows crap out but in the junk and high moisture weeds it clogs up and quites blowing out. I wonder if the jig was set up wrong on some of them.
Yes, it does. I love wright, but I think the mulch kit wasn't designed best...I don't know why everything won't perfectly line up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Sponsor

Turf Dawg,

Will check with the weld manager, most likely it was pulled from the jig to quick and as the metal cooled it pulled it out of shape. It is best to force the bolt holes to line up instead of drilling them out so there is no chance of blade interference. If there is no way to force it let us know and we will replace it.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightCommercial View Post
Turf Dawg,

Will check with the weld manager, most likely it was pulled from the jig to quick and as the metal cooled it pulled it out of shape. It is best to force the bolt holes to line up instead of drilling them out so there is no chance of blade interference. If there is no way to force it let us know and we will replace it.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Good morning,
The trim side could probably be pryed to line up. The discharge side is too far off. Also, is there supposed to be a gap large enough at the rear that you can put your fingers in [vertical] between the mulch plate and deck?
Old 04-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Sponsor

Bill,

Can you snap pictures of the gap and the discharge side miss alignment, I want to show the weld manager these issues to make sure we don't have something else going on. If you can email them to chriss@wrightmfg.com. If not either way I will have them make a kit test fit it on a 36" deck and send it to you.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightCommercial View Post
Bill,

Can you snap pictures of the gap and the discharge side miss alignment, I want to show the weld manager these issues to make sure we don't have something else going on. If you can email them to chriss@wrightmfg.com. If not either way I will have them make a kit test fit it on a 36" deck and send it to you.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Aside from liking the Stander, this is why I will purchase Wright mowers in the future. Great customer service and response. Thanks for all you guys do, Chris and Jillian.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-06-2012, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I am so sorry for taking this long to get back with you, but it gets pretty crazy this time of year.
I installed the new baffle a couple of weeks ago and the holes lined right up and the large gap went away also.
I was just wondering what I need to do with the bad baffle? PM me if you need to.

Thank you, Bill
Old 05-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Sponsor

Turf Dawg,

Glad to hear the second kit fit, found some issues with the tack welds on the mower deck baffles, the main welds were out of the way but the tack would sometimes be right where the mulch kit touched the baffle. And the kit is allowed to cool longer before being removed from the jig. No need to send the first kit back.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.