Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-28-2011, 04:14 AM
LawnSite Member

It's holding up really well. I really do like everything about it. Obviously, other than the clumping issue. Great machine. Can't complain about anything now that the problem is fixed. I would hold onto it if I were you. You're not cutting alot...Give it a chance.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Member

well said mowingman. I also have a toro z4200. from what i was told it's because it's only 2 blade deck. I also have huster 44" and 54", both 3 blades. That makes a world of difference.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Griswold View Post
Just bought a Timecutter 42 w/ the Kawi 22 & it's leaving a trail of cut grass right behind the discharge side of the deck, right in the middle of the blade area on that side. Any ideas?

Do they make a high lift blade for this mower? It sounds like the blades that came on it are pretty high lift already & will suck up the mulch real quick when mowing around beds!

Thanks In Advance, Clark
well said mowingman. I also have a toro z4200. from what i was told it's because it's only 2 blade deck. I also have huster 44" and 54", both 3 blades. That makes a world of difference.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mine is still working very well, might have 300 hours or so on it.

The Kawi motor is the best, just an incredible motor!

I had a Scag Cougar with 3 blades & it would suck up anything, never left a trail.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croat View Post
It's holding up really well. I really do like everything about it. Obviously, other than the clumping issue. Great machine. Can't complain about anything now that the problem is fixed. I would hold onto it if I were you. You're not cutting alot...Give it a chance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Griswold View Post
Mine is still working very well, might have 300 hours or so on it.

The Kawi motor is the best, just an incredible motor!

I had a Scag Cougar with 3 blades & it would suck up anything, never left a trail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toro Company View Post
Clark,

From your earlier post, it sounds like you are cutting off 3 inches of grass at a time. Is that correct? For best results, we recommend cutting 1/3 of the length of the grass blade at a time or around 1”. We use a cut-off baffle as part of our bagging kit that may help your particular situation (cutting a little bit longer grass in lush conditions). It is part number 112-3983-03 and you can order it through your dealer. Again, it sounds like your deck may be being overloaded and we would recommend cutting less at a time or driving slower, but this part may be something to try.

-The Toro Company
Hello Clark, Croat & Toro
I just picked up a Toro time cutter ss4235. And also have same problem. I saw the part number for the toro baffle (this should come standard) but when I look up the placement of the part it show 2 different spots where it mounts on 2 diff diagrams i saw on google.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=t...93-381920-0002

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=t...94-393407-0001

Can one of you 3 please specify the exact placement of the part according to the right diagram?
And, more important of all did it make a large difference when bagging?
(I've asked the dealer but he is just "working on it")
Old 06-18-2014, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty_crab80 View Post
Hello Clark, Croat & Toro
I just picked up a Toro time cutter ss4235. And also have same problem. I saw the part number for the toro baffle (this should come standard) but when I look up the placement of the part it show 2 different spots where it mounts on 2 diff diagrams i saw on google.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=t...93-381920-0002

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=t...94-393407-0001

Can one of you 3 please specify the exact placement of the part according to the right diagram?
And, more important of all did it make a large difference when bagging?
(I've asked the dealer but he is just "working on it")
Here is a 3rd location where the baffle can go. I think this one is the right one. Other 2 might be for different mower decks.

Would appreciate any input before I buy the part.
Part: 112-3983-03

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=t...75-405766-0006
Thanks!
Old 06-24-2014, 04:54 PM
Sponsor

TimeCutter SS bagger and baffle kits

The 79324 doesn’t fit a Timecutter SS 4235. The 79324 fits 42” Timecutters built between 2007 and 2010. What may be confusing is that the 79324 kit is serialized therefore since we still make kits for older machines, the bagger kit can have a serial number that doesn’t match the serial number of the unit the kit goes on.

On the Timecutters that used 79324, the baffle you mention came in the bagger kit because it did NOT come on the Timecutter unit.

The bagger that goes on your machine, is a 79334. If you looked at a parts diagram for it you would not see the baffle called out because it comes on the unit. You are correct when you say that it is for YOUR machine. For the older Timecutters that used 79324 bagger it is NOT true: the baffle was part of the bagging kit.

One of the links you have is for a 50” bagging kit; again for an older and different machine (Titan); hence, the baffle was part of the kit since it was not factory installed on the machine like they are currently on your TimeCutter SS 4235.

If you have a TimeCutter SS 4235 you should look up the part diagram for that machine and to see which baffle is called out. Depending on the year it is either a 74624, 74625, or 74633. For the most accurate information, we recommend you look up parts on the Toro parts finder and not a third party site. When you look it up, you'll see it only mounts in one place on a 42” deck and yes, 112-3983-03 is the correct part.

Hopes this helps clear up any confusion.
Thanks,
The Toro Co
Old 07-02-2014, 06:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toro Company View Post
The 79324 doesn’t fit a Timecutter SS 4235. The 79324 fits 42” Timecutters built between 2007 and 2010. What may be confusing is that the 79324 kit is serialized therefore since we still make kits for older machines, the bagger kit can have a serial number that doesn’t match the serial number of the unit the kit goes on.

On the Timecutters that used 79324, the baffle you mention came in the bagger kit because it did NOT come on the Timecutter unit.

The bagger that goes on your machine, is a 79334. If you looked at a parts diagram for it you would not see the baffle called out because it comes on the unit. You are correct when you say that it is for YOUR machine. For the older Timecutters that used 79324 bagger it is NOT true: the baffle was part of the bagging kit.

One of the links you have is for a 50” bagging kit; again for an older and different machine (Titan); hence, the baffle was part of the kit since it was not factory installed on the machine like they are currently on your TimeCutter SS 4235.

If you have a TimeCutter SS 4235 you should look up the part diagram for that machine and to see which baffle is called out. Depending on the year it is either a 74624, 74625, or 74633. For the most accurate information, we recommend you look up parts on the Toro parts finder and not a third party site. When you look it up, you'll see it only mounts in one place on a 42” deck and yes, 112-3983-03 is the correct part.

Hopes this helps clear up any confusion.
Thanks,
The Toro Co

Good deal...I like the detailed response. I will look into it in the next several days.

The mower is holding up alright for the money. I've had to add the pedal attachment (all others expect the floor mat and hand rests came with). I would recommend the pedal being a standard feature. Also, I am not fan of the electric parking break. Mower tends to slide, parking break takes a few seconds sometime maybe 5 to 10 seconds to engage. I would prefer a hand lever AND a brake pedal. Mow a steep wet hill and you'll think twice about a simple brake feature.

AND the blades it came with suck to say the least. I've had to go buy highlift mulching blades with wings (similar to gators) and finding the right one took fitting about 6 blades onto the mower and half a day, 5 trips to stores, one dozen phone calls. 2-3 hours online. 1 post on this site, and my toro dealer was not helpful
: (
These should be manufactured by TORO. You are loosing $$$.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowingman View Post
The problem is this: You are trying to use a machine designed for homeowner use in a situation that requires a higher quality mower. You need a mower with a commercial type deck, not a cheap homeowner deck. Simple as that. You just simply bought the wrong machine for your mowing conditions. you bought a cheaply designed and built "Home Depot special", when you should have spent the money to buy a well designed, well built, Toro commercial unit.

Agree. Also there goes the warranty if you had any (sounds like you are suing it commercially). Toro has an excellent reputation and THEY obviously are monitoring as they have responded twice to your thead.