Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 05-12-2012, 04:49 PM
xclusive xclusive is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 945
So here is an update. I ended up mailing out 21k. I got about 60 calls and of those I closed about 20 new full maintenance clients. Now I know I was def not the cheapest contractor as potential clients told me so. The 21k went out over a 4 day period and I only sent it to all houses 1 time. Many people said they recognized the name cause they see my truck and trailer which are both lettered up.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Bunton Guy's Avatar
Bunton Guy Bunton Guy is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: charlotte nc
Posts: 1,653
Im getting ready to do the same thing. How do you go about isolating a carrier route to utilize the post cards the best? Where I service there is a lot of appartment complexes...I would hate to gobble up thousands of post cards with useless appartments.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-19-2012, 11:08 PM
willretire@40's Avatar
willretire@40 willretire@40 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: VA
Posts: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclusive View Post
So here is an update. I ended up mailing out 21k. I got about 60 calls and of those I closed about 20 new full maintenance clients. Now I know I was def not the cheapest contractor as potential clients told me so. The 21k went out over a 4 day period and I only sent it to all houses 1 time. Many people said they recognized the name cause they see my truck and trailer which are both lettered up.
Do you have anymore updates?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-20-2012, 09:49 AM
ryde307 ryde307 is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shorewood, MN
Posts: 483
Has anyone used this for something besides mowing? also interested in more updates
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-23-2012, 01:14 AM
RSK Property Maintenance's Avatar
RSK Property Maintenance RSK Property Maintenance is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Manchester,CT
Posts: 1,443
yes i used it for all of my services, I sent out 2300 flyers and i landed a decent little tree job for 2200 which took about 6hrs on the job, and before that, a few houses down it landed me a larger shrub pruning and mulching job, which was over 3,200 the pruning and mulching job will hopefully be a repeat customer, as he was very happy with how everything came out but time will tell. i also got a weekly mowing customer, which i will most likely do a fall clean up for this year and, a spring clean up next year, they should be a long term customer, so that makes it worth while, probably use me for plowing too.
__________________
fully lic. and ins. 10yrs exp.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-23-2012, 07:44 PM
ryde307 ryde307 is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shorewood, MN
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
yes i used it for all of my services, I sent out 2300 flyers and i landed a decent little tree job for 2200 which took about 6hrs on the job, and before that, a few houses down it landed me a larger shrub pruning and mulching job, which was over 3,200 the pruning and mulching job will hopefully be a repeat customer, as he was very happy with how everything came out but time will tell. i also got a weekly mowing customer, which i will most likely do a fall clean up for this year and, a spring clean up next year, they should be a long term customer, so that makes it worth while, probably use me for plowing too.
Good info.
Also wondering more about irrigation services.
Fert and other more specific items. Instead of here is our company we do all of this wondering if a more focused ad would help results.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-23-2012, 07:59 PM
grandview (2006)'s Avatar
grandview (2006) grandview (2006) is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lancaster N.Y.
Posts: 3,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryde307 View Post
Good info.
Also wondering more about irrigation services.
Fert and other more specific items. Instead of here is our company we do all of this wondering if a more focused ad would help results.
I did the EDDM in the spring and picked up some work and I will do it again the spring. If your doing a fert and squirt now and mid winter might be helpful because a lot of companies start to send out the renewal so you need to get out too.
__________________
www.grandviewlandscaping.com
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-19-2012, 02:03 PM
jequigle's Avatar
jequigle jequigle is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kingston, NY
Posts: 211
So is EDDM worth the money or do you think you'd get a better response with buying a mailing list more personalized? I am looking to send out 5,000 EDDM and was hoping to get at least a 1% back from them.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-19-2012, 07:31 PM
grandview (2006)'s Avatar
grandview (2006) grandview (2006) is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lancaster N.Y.
Posts: 3,444
It was worth it to me. Timing is the important part of it.
__________________
www.grandviewlandscaping.com
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-19-2012, 08:03 PM
KrayzKajun's Avatar
KrayzKajun KrayzKajun is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Harvey,LA
Posts: 10,327
I plan to give eddm a try ths spring to break into a new city tht is 45mins away that im moving too at the end of next year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:16 PM.

Page generated in 0.08178 seconds with 9 queries