Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-12-2012, 04:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So here is an update. I ended up mailing out 21k. I got about 60 calls and of those I closed about 20 new full maintenance clients. Now I know I was def not the cheapest contractor as potential clients told me so. The 21k went out over a 4 day period and I only sent it to all houses 1 time. Many people said they recognized the name cause they see my truck and trailer which are both lettered up.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Im getting ready to do the same thing. How do you go about isolating a carrier route to utilize the post cards the best? Where I service there is a lot of appartment complexes...I would hate to gobble up thousands of post cards with useless appartments.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xclusive View Post
So here is an update. I ended up mailing out 21k. I got about 60 calls and of those I closed about 20 new full maintenance clients. Now I know I was def not the cheapest contractor as potential clients told me so. The 21k went out over a 4 day period and I only sent it to all houses 1 time. Many people said they recognized the name cause they see my truck and trailer which are both lettered up.
Do you have anymore updates?
Old 09-20-2012, 09:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone used this for something besides mowing? also interested in more updates
Old 09-23-2012, 01:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yes i used it for all of my services, I sent out 2300 flyers and i landed a decent little tree job for 2200 which took about 6hrs on the job, and before that, a few houses down it landed me a larger shrub pruning and mulching job, which was over 3,200 the pruning and mulching job will hopefully be a repeat customer, as he was very happy with how everything came out but time will tell. i also got a weekly mowing customer, which i will most likely do a fall clean up for this year and, a spring clean up next year, they should be a long term customer, so that makes it worth while, probably use me for plowing too.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
yes i used it for all of my services, I sent out 2300 flyers and i landed a decent little tree job for 2200 which took about 6hrs on the job, and before that, a few houses down it landed me a larger shrub pruning and mulching job, which was over 3,200 the pruning and mulching job will hopefully be a repeat customer, as he was very happy with how everything came out but time will tell. i also got a weekly mowing customer, which i will most likely do a fall clean up for this year and, a spring clean up next year, they should be a long term customer, so that makes it worth while, probably use me for plowing too.
Good info.
Also wondering more about irrigation services.
Fert and other more specific items. Instead of here is our company we do all of this wondering if a more focused ad would help results.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryde307 View Post
Good info.
Also wondering more about irrigation services.
Fert and other more specific items. Instead of here is our company we do all of this wondering if a more focused ad would help results.
I did the EDDM in the spring and picked up some work and I will do it again the spring. If your doing a fert and squirt now and mid winter might be helpful because a lot of companies start to send out the renewal so you need to get out too.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Member

So is EDDM worth the money or do you think you'd get a better response with buying a mailing list more personalized? I am looking to send out 5,000 EDDM and was hoping to get at least a 1% back from them.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

It was worth it to me. Timing is the important part of it.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I plan to give eddm a try ths spring to break into a new city tht is 45mins away that im moving too at the end of next year.
Posted via Mobile Device