Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-07-2012, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Jomax

any of you that have ever used this chemical, can you tell me how you applied it. In other words, is it better to spray this on a wet house or to spray it on a dry house. I dont ever want to run in to the issue of discoloration or spots of where i sprayed it at. Also, it seems to be worse that voo doo to reveal what chemicals you use or what mixture of chemicals you use but if any of you wouldnt mind telling me something via PM what would be better than this stuff, i would greatly appreciate it. Ive only done 2 houses this year, that shows you how much i actually do this stuff. However when someone calls i would like to offer them a service with excellent results and be the easiest on me as well. Im in a small town in Ga and we are limited to what we have other than big box stores 30 mins away.

For the record. I used this on a home with excellent results. I did however use a regular pressure washer 2500psi 2.3gpm. I know, it sucks. Thats what i have for now. I sprayed it out of a regular ol back pack sprayer. That was kinda aggrivating but me mixing up the solution in a 5 gal bucket and spraying it through the pressure washer with a black tip just wasnt near strong enough to really do anything. is there an adjustment to change the ratio on these machines.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:28 AM
LawnSite Member

I won't use Jomax. I used it over ten years ago with poor results. Just good ole SH, water and a surfactant from a low pressure system do a great job.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Jomax is simply a "bleach activator" that works by acidifying Bleach.

The active ingredient of Jomax is Acetic Acid, Vinegar, LOL

It makes a small amount of bleach strong enough to clean w/o damaging plants.
This is because the small amount of acidified Bleach has very little sodium.
Great, in THEORY. But a waste of money in practice.

As long as you wet the plants first, keep em wet, and rinse when done cleaning, damage is almost non existant to Plants.

My advice, bleach, water, and a good surfactant will do the job every time.

Doug Rucker 281.883.8470
Clean and Green Solutions

I own an Awesome Pressure Washing Company and Fantastic Roof Cleaning Service Company located in Houston Texas

http://houston.pressurewashing.net/
Old 05-13-2012, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Member

thanks for the advice. As far as the surfactant. Is this something bought at the big box stores or is it better to get it from an online supplier?
Old 05-13-2012, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Member

outdoor bleach vs household bleach?
Old 05-14-2012, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal View Post
thanks for the advice. As far as the surfactant. Is this something bought at the big box stores or is it better to get it from an online supplier?
All depends on how much you do...if only every once in a while then Dawn Dish soap will work. If it become more of a consistent thing then you would want to look at buying from a distributor in bulk, say 5 gallon pails, as your cost would go way down. I rarely buy anything from the big box stores for my business. Just never found anything they sell to work as advertised.

Doug Rucker 281.883.8470

I own an Awesome Pressure Washing Company and Fantastic Roof Cleaning Service Company located in Houston Texas

Old 05-14-2012, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal View Post
outdoor bleach vs household bleach?
Again, depends on how much you are doing. Household is fine for the occasional job. If it becomes more consistent look at using Liquid Pool Shock.

Never on the outdoor bleach.

Doug Rucker 281.883.8470