Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Member

TruckCraft aluminum dump bed insert with leafbox - $3400 (Olathe, KS)

Thought I'd repost this again for those interested. I have a used TruckCraft TC-120 Ultra Aluminum, self-contained dump insert. This has the higher 7,000 pound dump capacity, and will fit any ¬Ĺ ton, ¬ĺ ton, or 1 ton bed. I used this in my 2008 Dodge Ram, and had no problems at all with it (I have since upgraded to a much bigger truck). This unit can be used with, or without the sidewalls to suit your needs. With the sidewalls installed, it will hold 10 cubic yards of material. The insert weighs 420 pounds and takes about 2 hours for installation/removal. You will not be disappointed with this unit, as the TC-120 insert and TC-150 leafbox was originally well over $7,000! Please look at the options out there, and you will find this is the best deal out there. You can see more information on the manufacturer's website at www.truckcraft.com . Here is what TruckCraft says about their product:

TC-120 Ultra Aluminum Dump Insert
Description:
The TC - 120 ULTRA has been engineered from the ground up to provide users with years of maintenance free service. The body and frame are designed and constructed entirely of aluminum and stainless steel to provide durability and resistance to rust and corrosion. TruckCraft's innovative use of aluminum alloy extrusions welded to sheet aluminum enables them to offer a pickup dump insert that is 300 - 350 lbs. lighter than comparable steel units. The result is a unit that weighs less, hauls more payload, and will be less expensive to operate and maintain. This classy accessory for your pickup is the first of its kind available through nationwide distribution.

Features:
Rigid Floor of Extruded Aluminum - The floor is constructed of aluminum alloy plank extrusions that provide rigid reinforcement every 5". This "tongue and groove" design, proven in roll-back car carriers, keeps the floor from deflecting under heavy loads and eliminates the "washboard effect" seen in light-duty sheet-bed models.
Aluminum Rails add Overall Strength - The TC-120 design utilizes a polished and fluted aluminum alloy extrusion on the top box rall of the body sides and the top and bottom of the tailgate. This provides the maximum strength at a minimum weight while greatly enhancing the product's overall appearance.
Low Bed Height - only 3-1/4" above pickup bed - The 2.4 cubic yard payload offered by the TC - 120 is positioned only 3-1/4 inches above your pickup floor. This feature adds greater volume and keeps the vehicle's center of gravity low. It also reduces the height that heavy objects must be lifted into the bed.
All Aluminum Bed - 48 1/8" x 98" - The bed holds a full sheet of plywood with the tailgate closed.
Three-way Tailgate - The TC-120 tailgate has a paddle latch and can be opened and closed with just one hand. The gate can easily be removed for complete access. Control chains can be adjusted for using the tailgate as a spreader.
3 Stage Telescopic Lift and Cab Protector - The ULTRA hoist system utilizes a heavy duty, three stage, telescopic cylinder with chromed rod sections. The hoist has been custom designed by TruckCraft to lift 7,000 lbs. to a 47 degree dump angle in just 18 seconds. A cab protector and a full tarp system are options that can be easily added to the TC-120 at any time.
Power Unit and Standard Remote Dump Control - A compact, one-piece power unit is mounted directly behind the cab in close proximity to the hoist. The remote control buttons activate the motor/hydraulic pump from within the cab or up to 12 feet away from the cab. One 12 volt battery cable is the only electrical connection required.
150 amp resettable in-line circuit breaker- safeguards power in, and also allows manually switching off power under hood to disable unattended insert.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Is this for a full size bed or short box?
Old 04-13-2012, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Full size 8' bed
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-15-2012, 01:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Sold and Sold
Posted via Mobile Device
Closed Thread