Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-20-2012, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectEarth View Post
True. Certainly something to consider... We are certainly professional and customers enjoy meeting with us. I think we've built a great reputation. Still, the website isn't the sole way we get business. So I really wonder how many people it would scare off.... maybe a risk I'm willing to take? It's a tough call. Perhaps I could try it and then remove it if I notice a total drop-off or get comments.

-- And yes, I'm just talking basics- like labor rates, some equipment... perhaps mulches and soils.
Weed out the tire kickers.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing wrong with "starting at" or "bulk product" prices. I agree it helps cut down on tire kickers. Provided they know how to read and comphrehend.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I tried that for mine this year. I thought that would filter out price shoppers but it seemed to do the opposite. Once I trashed the page, calls dropped like a rock.
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures
Old 05-20-2012, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I appreciate the feedback. I've just done quite a few of these type of proposals this year- the kind where you're really not giving a set project price and getting into specific details/plants/material pricing. More "general" proposals... that still take some time to write up. More for longer-term maintenance stuff that people say, "Mowing, maintenance, an occasional project, maybe some mulching, blah blah blah..." Non-specific stuff from higher-end clients. People who, if you went over on materials and a bit on labor, would be fine anyways.

So that's maybe where i'm going with this. Referring to pricing online.

OR- maybe I should just type up a separate "pricing/proposal" sheet that I can use for this type of situation! Then I can e-mail it out and not have the info totally public... better idea?

www.PerfectEarthLandscape.com

Follow my updates and pictures on Facebook and LawnSite
Old 05-20-2012, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectEarth View Post
I appreciate the feedback. I've just done quite a few of these type of proposals this year- the kind where you're really not giving a set project price and getting into specific details/plants/material pricing. More "general" proposals... that still take some time to write up. More for longer-term maintenance stuff that people say, "Mowing, maintenance, an occasional project, maybe some mulching, blah blah blah..." Non-specific stuff from higher-end clients. People who, if you went over on materials and a bit on labor, would be fine anyways.

So that's maybe where i'm going with this. Referring to pricing online.

OR- maybe I should just type up a separate "pricing/proposal" sheet that I can use for this type of situation! Then I can e-mail it out and not have the info totally public... better idea?
Obviously people will fill out forms because service magic gets them to do it all the time.

I am truly interested in how this works out for you either way you go