Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-22-2012, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Member

I use the Square app as well. I ask customers up front if they will be paying cash, check, or card and figure my pricing accordingly.

'07 Dodge C/C; quadcab flatbed; Western 8.5 Pro;

'04 Dodge quadcab; Western 8.5 Pro Plus; Western wings; Boss TGS 1100; Ebling if I hit the lottery!

'06 Cub Cadet M48 Tank; '11 Cub Cadet M48 Tank; '10 Cub Cadet H1748 walkbehind; Stihl handhelds

'10 Timberwolf TW-5; '08 Kawasaki Teryx; for the firewood...conveyor in the works
Old 05-22-2012, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Just factor it in to your price. People hate being nickel and dimed.

We use Quickbooks Billing Solutions. You just email them an invoice once a month, and they can pay online at their convenience. Quickbooks sends you an email when they pay, and automatically records the transaction for you and deposits it in your bank the next day or two. Saves a ton of time, and no trips to the bank. 90% of our customers pay online or have a CC on file that we charge once a month.

Once you consider the time saved and subtract the cost of envelopes/stamps/trips to the post office/bank, you'll find it is well worth the fees.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by arninglawns View Post
Just factor it in to your price. People hate being nickel and dimed.

We use Quickbooks Billing Solutions. You just email them an invoice once a month, and they can pay online at their convenience. Quickbooks sends you an email when they pay, and automatically records the transaction for you and deposits it in your bank the next day or two. Saves a ton of time, and no trips to the bank. 90% of our customers pay online or have a CC on file that we charge once a month.

Once you consider the time saved and subtract the cost of envelopes/stamps/trips to the post office/bank, you'll find it is well worth the fees.
Even if they want a paper bill, QB will mail it with a return envelope, a submision stub for all of 79 cents.

You do have the flat monthly fee plus you have to have a minimum amount of CC charges or cover the minimum.

It does get a little pricey but not too bad and pretty easy once you learn to follow the flow chart.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Sponsor

Doohboy24 it emails the receipt to the client. I wrote a blog post quite a while ago about it, since then paypal has also introduced their own scanner too http://blog.servicevines.com/?p=166

Old 05-23-2012, 01:39 AM
LawnSite Member

I appreciate the blog site. Might be something I look further into. All my accounts now however seem to be fine with paying cash or a check.
2003 Big Tex 70-PI 6.5'x16' trailer
Happy homeowner trimmer (for now)
Old 05-23-2012, 07:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doohboy24 View Post
I appreciate the blog site. Might be something I look further into. All my accounts now however seem to be fine with paying cash or a check.
They'd probably be "finer" paying with plastic, though. Almost everyone is. Just ask 'em.