Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-25-2012, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Member

The guys I know around here that have commercial mowing services don't sell used ones until they are really "USED" if you know what I mean. We live in a county with a lot of rocks. I am not sure I would want to used one from around here.

Also, any deck over 42 is going to make my work harder not easier, probably not going to find many commercial units that small.

Just sayin'

I will call my two buddies that have (competing) lawn services though. They might have some good ideas.

Thanks,

Kirk
Old 05-25-2012, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk_2892 View Post
Found a Dixie Chopper Iron Eagle 2044 for $3499, new, old stock. It is only 300 more than Zee 1 I was looking at.

I guess that is a Commercial unit? Or maybe not, I am finding it shown as residential model on some forums.

Iron Eagle is a homeowner model. Most entry level commercial machines are going to come in over $5,000.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk_2892 View Post
The guys I know around here that have commercial mowing services don't sell used ones until they are really "USED" if you know what I mean. We live in a county with a lot of rocks. I am not sure I would want to used one from around here.

Also, any deck over 42 is going to make my work harder not easier, probably not going to find many commercial units that small.

Just sayin'

I will call my two buddies that have (competing) lawn services though. They might have some good ideas.

Thanks,

Kirk

If the timecutter didn't hold up (used to own one) you may want to step up to a high end homeowner/light duty commercial at least, either that or get you a good used commercial model. Husqvarna has some pretty good higher end homeowner models, and Gravely does as well. I would definately buy a good used commercial unit before buying another timecutter type model. Remember a commercial ZTR with 1,000 hrs on it may still have a good 1,000-1,500 hours left in it. A new timecutter might have 500 hrs on it in life expectancy.

P.S. I think the 36" Gravely Pro ZTR might be perfect for you if you want a smaller deck. They are around 5k and are full commercial ZTR's. Several members on here run them.

Last edited by BINKY1902; 05-25-2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: addition
Old 05-25-2012, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Ginomas

I am new to this (first time) I joined to get some "free" advice. To late to buy commercial I already purchased a Hustler 42" Sport yesterday. I have two lawns roughly 8000sq feet and another 1.7acres to maintain. The 1.7 acres has calves on it for 6 months. I asked the man working the counter about mulching the lawn and field. He advice was to buy a "cap" to cover the discharge for the lawns and then remove it for the field. He told me the blade speed with a cap would mulch?
OK the ?'s Do you recommend the side grass catcher, if so which one? (The rear bags are lots of $$$ but I will get them if needed) Do I buy the kit and mulch field&lawns? I know lots of ? but I would sure appreciate some feedback. What about the discharge cap working as a lawn mulch?
Thank you
Rookie???"S
Old 05-25-2012, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Check out the gravely hd. I just bought a 52 and love it. It is a high end homeowner / light commercial. I use it on about 15 yards a week
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-26-2012, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

If you have not already purchased something and your wife likes the ZeroTurn and you liked the Toro TimeCutter before you loaned it out or had people that didn't pay for it using it and tearing it up, take a look at a TimeCutterMX http://www.toro.com/en-us/Homeowner/...r-MX4260-74640 granted the steel deck is only 10 gauge, but formed and welded and reinforced is still much better than the crap you're going to get on that MTD/CubCadet whatever. MSRP $3,799.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWILLIAMS64 View Post
Check out the gravely hd. I just bought a 52 and love it. It is a high end homeowner / light commercial. I use it on about 15 yards a week
Posted via Mobile Device

The HD is a fine mower, the best mower in it's class IMO.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Are the cheaper John Deere mowers made by MTD?
Old 05-27-2012, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Finally got a hold of my friend that has the commercial mower service. He says in our area, the only two commercial brands that have close service and repair are Dixie Chopper and Bob-Cat.

He has a used Fast Cat 48" which is a little larger than I wanted, but I think will work. It has 800 hours in it and he says he doesn't need it because it is too small for his contracts. He wants to sell it and get a bigger one to replace it. Asking $2500.

I looked up online and don't know if this is a Fast Cat Pro or a Fast Cat RZ. I will have to ask. It has the Kawasaki motor.

Tags
cub cadet , dixie choppper , john deere , snapper , toro