Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-04-2003, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I like the new logo selections, good idea having a "professional" design it. It brings a little something extra to it.

One thing to remember, which was mentioned a bit earlier, but I want to reiterate... a logo needs to be scaleable. It's helpful if its a color logo that you have a black and white option so you're not always having to print in color if you don't want to.

Ideally you should be able to drop the text from a logo and people would still identify your business. Think of the corporate logos out there that you recognize without anything but the sybmol! AT&T, Golden Arches, Apple Computer, etc. And then there is the approach of using your name destinctively written as your logo: HP, DELL, Burker King, etc.

Being able to read your logo in many formats is important. Where will you be applying your logo? Embroidary, screen priting, side of truck (vinyl), side of trailer, banner or signs, busines card, letter head and envelopes, etc. Small text will get lost when you reduce the size.

Best of luck with your decision - I think you're on the right track.
Old 07-07-2003, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Member

I chose the bottom of the two for my logo. The only diff between this and the finished product is that the word, "the" is before "village" and there is no black outline around the tree. I have a buddy in the houston area, the best man in my wedding, I gave him an old guitar and promised him a landscape design when I move down there (17 mos and counting)
Attached Images
File Type: pdf village.pdf (86.1 KB, 21 views)