Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-27-2012, 07:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib55 View Post
So I downloaded the complete owner's manual and saw that I could try increasing the tire pressure on the side that "pulls" and decrease on the opposite side to help in tracking. Will give this a shot and see what happens. Seems logical, no?
Don't go by the air pressure in the tire. Measure the circumference of each tire. I use one of those cloth measuring tapes.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib55 View Post
So I downloaded the complete owner's manual and saw that I could try increasing the tire pressure on the side that "pulls" and decrease on the opposite side to help in tracking. Will give this a shot and see what happens. Seems logical, no?
It does. Should help tracking, but not the fast turn in one direction. It's not that it can't be figured out and adjusted. avguy is correct in measuring circumference.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:45 AM
LawnSite Member

So I figured it out. The traction bar was not set up properly from the dealer which was causing excessive braking on the right hand side. Which is what led to it pulling to the right. Quickly made some minor adjustments with the manual in hand and now it does it ever so slightly. Had better striping and easier to cut. I'm down to approx 50-55 mins cutting the ENTIRE lawn (In 1st gear-->still getting used to the beast!!) which previously took me 3.5 hrs to do!! Adjusted the deck height so I'm at 3.5". I absolutely love this mower!! Simple to make adjustments and easy to adjust deck height.