Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-01-2012, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Only had a couple left for today so we are done. Got a chance to use it on the side of a hill that I normally cut with the 160Z. At the top there is a bend around a bed that the 160 tends to slide a little. Well it is sprinkling here and wet and the 460 stayed planted the whole time. So far so good on the hills.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 06-01-2012, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Now thats a good lookin mower!
Posted via Mobile Device
and I thought you were going to say how nice the trailer gate looks. LOL Or the bald passenger car tires on a trailer.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
and I thought you were going to say how nice the trailer gate looks. LOL Or the bald passenger car tires on a trailer.

Awww come on now that trailer is a beauty! Weld on some new mesh and slap a new tire on and she is golden.

That mesh actually just started going bad this spring and it has fallen apart very quickly. The tire is fine. That will last the rest of the year but will be shot by next winter. This trailer absolutely wears the crap out of tires since day one when we bought it new. We stopped putting the pricier tires on it for that reason.

I am buying a new 16' later this year so I could really care less about that trailer at this point. Now that I found out my credit score is 775 (found out when I bought the mower) I already know I wont have any trouble at all buying a new trailer or anything else I may want.
2004 Gravely 34Z
Old 06-01-2012, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

LOL at your post. I was just messing around. I must say, your trailer is in better shape then some I've seen in my neck of the woods.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
LOL at your post. I was just messing around. I must say, your trailer is in better shape then some I've seen in my neck of the woods.

Yeah I see some really nasty ones around here also. I have a welder but I have been to darn lazy to get out there and fix it. I still dont understand why it wears the tires out so quick. We don't overload it and the trailer tracks nice and straight with no sway. I wont ever buy another carry on trailer.
2004 Gravely 34Z
Old 06-01-2012, 11:57 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
Yeah I see some really nasty ones around here also. I have a welder but I have been to darn lazy to get out there and fix it. I still dont understand why it wears the tires out so quick. We don't overload it and the trailer tracks nice and straight with no sway. I wont ever buy another carry on trailer.
I'm in the same boat. I bought a new trailer first of last season and the tires were done before I started this season! I found a pair of harder rubber tires off a MB Sprint van that are 15in and they fit perfect. The load range is high on them. I haven't noticed any wear at all so far.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Some that I mowed today with the 452...
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
I need to figure out what the seat is vibrating against when it rocks back as I am going up hills. I might have the seat set to far back? It feels like it rocks back against the running engine. How do you have the air adjusted in your seat? I have mine set to where it just starts to raise you up. I tried higher but I felt like I was sitting way to high.
ProStreetCamaro - Check to see if the seat retainer threaded washer is adjusted too far from the isolator. The correct adjustment for the seat retainer threaded washer is 1/8-1/4” below the bottom of the isolator mount. If this isn't the issue, check with your dealer for additional adjustments.

Thanks.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

GMLC. How is the power on your mower when running your vac system. Have you cut any lawns with the vac system on where you were taking off more than 2 inches of grass. Like the looks of the mower just curious on the power. Thanks.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengiant9963 View Post
GMLC. How is the power on your mower when running your vac system. Have you cut any lawns with the vac system on where you were taking off more than 2 inches of grass. Like the looks of the mower just curious on the power. Thanks.
I have been very happy with the 24hp(27hp old rating) Kawi. It has plenty of power for the blower when cutting more than 2" off and climbing hills. I cut one lawn over a foot tall and wet(side discharging)and the engine hardly bogged down!! This new hp rating is a bunch of bull to me, but that's up for discussion on another day!