Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-03-2012, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
So what happens on a hot day when pressure builds up in the tank?
The "pressure" your referring to is what the EPA calls evaporative emissions. The fact that your tank is holding these is good since it's one of the things manufactures have to control. They need to have low permeation tanks, lines and caps. Pressure testing tanks is part of new test procedure.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-04-2012, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowerMedic77 View Post
The "pressure" your referring to is what the EPA calls evaporative emissions. The fact that your tank is holding these is good since it's one of the things manufactures have to control. They need to have low permeation tanks, lines and caps. Pressure testing tanks is part of new test procedure.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't notice this on Echo.......so i guess this big pressure build up is why the PB420 is so very very easy to flood on starting???
Old 06-04-2012, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I don't notice this on Echo.......so i guess this big pressure build up is why the PB420 is so very very easy to flood on starting???
If your referring to the BR420, these are non-primer carbs. I never pull more then twice on choke, actually never more then two tries on choke for any brand and model. Then full throttle off choke till they fire up which is usually one pull.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-04-2012, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowerMedic77 View Post
If your referring to the BR420, these are non-primer carbs. I never pull more then twice on choke, actually never more then two tries on choke for any brand and model. Then full throttle off choke till they fire up which is usually one pull.
Posted via Mobile Device
YOu are right ....never ever ever use the choke after the initial start in the morning. I am trying to find explanation of why this machine is so likely to flood. I think I now know....to pass epa they keep all that vapor caught in the tank. Then when you pull the rope all hell breaks loose when that big rush of gas under pressure hits that carb. So my idea was to vent that tank with a echo breather that will let fumes pass out of it. Think that will make it less touchy?
Old 06-04-2012, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
So my idea was to vent that tank with a echo breather that will let fumes pass out of it. Think that will make it less touchy?
The vent is a one way valve, and that one way is air into the tank not out. If air passes that duck bill valve inside then so will gas(leak) I pressure test them, should hold 1-2psi for a full minute.
Posted via Mobile Device