Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-05-2012, 03:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Lawn Care Help

So I decided to take a stab at regrowing my patchy lawn without doing any research and ended up digging up huge patches in my lawn and basically re-seeding entire patches. After doing some research I've discovered what my lawn really needed was to be dethatched, aerated, and overseeded. So I suppose my question is this: How do I deal with revitalizing this lawn that is now part old and in need of an overhaul and part newly dug up and reseeded loose soil?
Old 06-05-2012, 07:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

First of all, there is a very real possibility that your lawn does NOT need aeration, dethatching and over seeding...

Secondly, research , would mean discovering how grass grows and creating an environment that allows it to thrive... sounds like research has come from us folks who make a living off of sell services and 50% snake oil...

If you are interestted in doing a simple lawn, get the soil in decent condition and don't over water it... fertilizer is best applied in the Fall when it is getting ready for winter, and worst applied during Summer heat, IF you are cool-season grasses...