Register free!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2012, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

tree moving business for sale, dose any one have any experience with this type of bus

what I have come across is an older man, 73 that has been growing trees since he retired, he had a younger business partner that also grew trees and operated two tree spades and handled all of the large tree planting. It was ran as two small seperate tree farms and a seperate tree moving company that services the two tree farms. Any ways The younger many died of cancer and now the older man bought the spades and takes care of the other mans tree fame and has been doing his own tree planting. IT is taking up way too much of his time and says his wife will kill him if he keeps doing all of this so he is basicly looking to sell the two spades as part of the spade business which services the two small tree farms. He says that they spade on average 1.4 trees a day. Dose any one have any experense with a spade business? I do design and install no maintance and think adding this business might help to open me up to some more high end customers and could really work well with my long term plan of opening a nursery. I meet with him on sat to check every thing out equipment and books but was wanting to see what thoughts or suggestions every one on here might have to help guide our meeting on sat. What are the going rates for spade work in the mid west?

thanks