Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-18-2012, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Catchers for 21" mowers

I seem to remember seeing catchers for 21" mowers but don't see them on your site. Do they exist?
Old 03-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Sponsor

Gc21

We discontinued them about 4 years ago as a regular product, but we decided this winter to do a small batch for the Honda commercial 21. The price is $275.00. These are not in our regular distribution channel (we sell them mostly in the pacific northwest) so you would need to call us directly.

Peter Andonian, Lawnsite Sponsor
Accelerator Industries
http://www.AcceleratorIndustries.com
800-984-9410
Old 05-21-2012, 03:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Peter would there be any chance for a bagger for the Honda HRX (plastic)deck mowers.I checked and they are a little different then the HRC model's.I would like to add another Accelerator to my collection
Old 05-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Sponsor

I doubt the one we make for the 216 would fit. The problem with 21 inch mowers is that there is much more of a constraint on the shape of the catcher due to the fact that it has to fit between the handles, and also mate up properly at the front of the catcher.

Accelerator Industries
800-984-9410
Old 05-21-2012, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
I doubt the one we make for the 216 would fit. The problem with 21 inch mowers is that there is much more of a constraint on the shape of the catcher due to the fact that it has to fit between the handles, and also mate up properly at the front of the catcher.
The factory bag off the HRC216 will fit onto the deck hanger built into the deck of the HRX but it dosen't fit well or line up everything correctly. I know you guys are busy cranking out production right now but when things slow down do you think theres a chance to make a bagger for the HRX?These HRX mowers are widely used in commercial mowing.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Sponsor

You would think there would be some demand, but we have found very little on the 21 inch side. Very few people will pay $600-$700 bucks for a mower, then $275.00 for a catcher, even if it pays for itself quickly in higher productivity.
You obviously see the benefit, and are thinking of it from a business perspective. Not many do.

Accelerator Industries
800-984-9410
Old 05-21-2012, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
You would think there would be some demand, but we have found very little on the 21 inch side. Very few people will pay $600-$700 bucks for a mower, then $275.00 for a catcher, even if it pays for itself quickly in higher productivity.
You obviously see the benefit, and are thinking of it from a business perspective. Not many do.
Peter I currently have 3 of your baggers for my mowers and think they are the best .I don't really use the 21" mower a ton but when it's used is in usually the worst conditions where bagging is needed just for the sheer time savings .Where discharging or mulching just makes more of a mess by clumping green slime all over the lawn and theres no way to get rid of it.I want to cut once and be gone.Your bags have been proven to breathe great aiding in great suction .Another Ls member commented recently about what a diff.your bagger made on his mower in adverse conditions and it sparked my interest.I really like the thumb control on my HRX over the cruise control system on the HRC so I'm not looking to switch to an HRC.It's not about money but about comfort and ease of use.Saying that I have dollar bills for you if your willing to make a bagger for the Hrx and yes I will evaluate and start a thread on your behalf on the unit like I have done before.Thanks Norm
Old 05-31-2012, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I see alot of HRX's out there also.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Made the bagger fit with a little modification .The bagger opening doesn't come down as far as the stock bags on the HRX.The stock HRC bag fits on the HRX so the Accelerator must be a little shorter. Other wise it's a drop on fit.The handlebar bracket supplied worked perfect .I added a little piece of aluminum with a slight ramping bend down to the deck to fix the gap on the bottom opening.
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2012, 01:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Some more pics

Also check out http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=378491 for some other pics of my unit on page 3
Attached Images