Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-12-2012, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
I think you will get the best response by starting a new thread so more people will see it. Be ready to answer the inevitable questions: How large an area will you mow, what kind of grass, how often will you mow, how long do you want it to last, your budget, etc. You'll get tons of advise including all the other models you should look at. Having said that, the Gravely XL will be good for a smallish area like sub 1 acre or so in residential use (not commercial). Anything other than that, you should budget more like 5K or more which means, in the Gravely arena, the ZT HD which was my first choice for a while but I have a few acres. I also wanted this to be my last mower which meant a bit more money. My best advise after studying and demoing until my grass couldn't wait any longer isn't so much for a particular make or model because they are so similar at each price point, but rather to spend until it hurts because it only hurts for a little while and spending on repairs and replacement mowers hurts a lot more.

Nothing wrong with the XL itself, just make sure it will do the job you need it to do for the next 15 or 20 years which the proper model will do.
Thread started!
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...85#post4441085