Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-11-2012, 08:20 AM
Florida's Suncoast Lawn Care's Avatar
Florida's Suncoast Lawn Care Florida's Suncoast Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Port Charlotte, Florida
Posts: 115
SEAT FOR ZERO TURN Dixie Chopper or ?

Hello,

I need a new seat soon. My seat doesn't look so bad but the metal backing is rusted out from the previous owner having his rig in the rain in an uncovered trailer. The seat works fine. The previous owner has it CHAINED upright and it works. But it's a little rigged up. The mower only has 800 hours. It's a Dixie Chopper LT2000.

I have found a cheap seat on Ebay for $105. Tell me what you think. Or if you have a better idea? I'm really looking for an armrest seat cheap as possible. I'm thinking about stopping by Tractor Supply and see if they have something.

Search: UNIVERSAL High Back Seat for Lawn & Garden Tractors Mowers / Off Road Equipment. on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-Hi...item3f14c7ae31
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 11,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaViper View Post
Hello,

I need a new seat soon. My seat doesn't look so bad but the metal backing is rusted out from the previous owner having his rig in the rain in an uncovered trailer. The seat works fine. The previous owner has it CHAINED upright and it works. But it's a little rigged up. The mower only has 800 hours. It's a Dixie Chopper LT2000.

I have found a cheap seat on Ebay for $105. Tell me what you think. Or if you have a better idea? I'm really looking for an armrest seat cheap as possible. I'm thinking about stopping by Tractor Supply and see if they have something.

Search: UNIVERSAL High Back Seat for Lawn & Garden Tractors Mowers / Off Road Equipment. on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-Hi...item3f14c7ae31
.


Have you check out Tractor Supply on Kings Hwy?? They have several different seats in stock. You can measure BOLT PATTERNS to see if they match up. IMHO to pay a tad more for the right bolt pattern can be a big time and cost savings.


.
__________________
.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Florida's Suncoast Lawn Care's Avatar
Florida's Suncoast Lawn Care Florida's Suncoast Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Port Charlotte, Florida
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
.


Have you check out Tractor Supply on Kings Hwy?? They have several different seats in stock. You can measure BOLT PATTERNS to see if they match up. IMHO to pay a tad more for the right bolt pattern can be a big time and cost savings.


.

Cool thanks. I think I will check now they close in 20 min. Who are you with?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 11,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaViper View Post
Cool thanks. I think I will check now they close in 20 min. Who are you with?
I am a One man Pest Control company. I live in Lake Suzy near the two different private Airports.


.
__________________
.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Florida's Suncoast Lawn Care's Avatar
Florida's Suncoast Lawn Care Florida's Suncoast Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Port Charlotte, Florida
Posts: 115
Tractor supply has the same seat in stock for $100. So basically the same price after tax. I'm considering it still.

I bought a Craftsman weed trimmer yesterday at Sears and it's a POS. My echo is down waiting on a new carburetor to come in. I figured with 31cc the Craftsman would be powerful. Pfft. Not nearly as much torque as the 28cc echo has. Plus the echo head is easier to refill and holds more line.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 11,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaViper View Post
Tractor supply has the same seat in stock for $100. So basically the same price after tax. I'm considering it still.

I bought a Craftsman weed trimmer yesterday at Sears and it's a POS. My echo is down waiting on a new carburetor to come in. I figured with 31cc the Craftsman would be powerful. Pfft. Not nearly as much torque as the 28cc echo has. Plus the echo head is easier to refill and holds more line.
.

Actually a lot Cheaper because of SHIPPING & HANDLING CHARGES. But the Important thing is to buy the right seat so the Bolt holes match up. It makes it a lot easier to install the new seat.

.
__________________
.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-12-2012, 04:43 PM
jvanvliet's Avatar
jvanvliet jvanvliet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,935
Saw a gypsy with a recliner on his D Chopper today... no fooling. Wish I had my camera ready.
__________________
.
.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
.
.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-12-2012, 07:53 PM
zturncutter's Avatar
zturncutter zturncutter is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Interior South Florida
Posts: 1,220
Put one of these on one of the Scags last year, holding up well and the suspension is a godsend. Had to drill four holes to mount, might have taken 30 minutes.http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...3585_200403585
__________________
ZTurnCutter
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 11,108
.

Drilling a few holes isn't that much of a problem. In the Case of my Cab Over the seats came out of a Pick up truck. The floor was totally different and shimming the seat took on a Engineering type aspect. Cab Over seats wear out real quick because of the way people slide out of the truck.

My point being most of these equipment seats can match up bolt holes to make installation real simple.





.
__________________
.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:09 AM.

Page generated in 0.08183 seconds with 9 queries