Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-11-2012, 08:20 AM
LawnSite Member

SEAT FOR ZERO TURN Dixie Chopper or ?

Hello,

I need a new seat soon. My seat doesn't look so bad but the metal backing is rusted out from the previous owner having his rig in the rain in an uncovered trailer. The seat works fine. The previous owner has it CHAINED upright and it works. But it's a little rigged up. The mower only has 800 hours. It's a Dixie Chopper LT2000.

I have found a cheap seat on Ebay for $105. Tell me what you think. Or if you have a better idea? I'm really looking for an armrest seat cheap as possible. I'm thinking about stopping by Tractor Supply and see if they have something.

Search: UNIVERSAL High Back Seat for Lawn & Garden Tractors Mowers / Off Road Equipment. on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-Hi...item3f14c7ae31
Old 06-11-2012, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaViper View Post
Hello,

I need a new seat soon. My seat doesn't look so bad but the metal backing is rusted out from the previous owner having his rig in the rain in an uncovered trailer. The seat works fine. The previous owner has it CHAINED upright and it works. But it's a little rigged up. The mower only has 800 hours. It's a Dixie Chopper LT2000.

I have found a cheap seat on Ebay for $105. Tell me what you think. Or if you have a better idea? I'm really looking for an armrest seat cheap as possible. I'm thinking about stopping by Tractor Supply and see if they have something.

Search: UNIVERSAL High Back Seat for Lawn & Garden Tractors Mowers / Off Road Equipment. on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-Hi...item3f14c7ae31

Have you check out Tractor Supply on Kings Hwy?? They have several different seats in stock. You can measure BOLT PATTERNS to see if they match up. IMHO to pay a tad more for the right bolt pattern can be a big time and cost savings.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post

Have you check out Tractor Supply on Kings Hwy?? They have several different seats in stock. You can measure BOLT PATTERNS to see if they match up. IMHO to pay a tad more for the right bolt pattern can be a big time and cost savings.

Cool thanks. I think I will check now they close in 20 min. Who are you with?
Old 06-11-2012, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Cool thanks. I think I will check now they close in 20 min. Who are you with?
I am a One man Pest Control company. I live in Lake Suzy near the two different private Airports.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 06-11-2012, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Tractor supply has the same seat in stock for $100. So basically the same price after tax. I'm considering it still.

I bought a Craftsman weed trimmer yesterday at Sears and it's a POS. My echo is down waiting on a new carburetor to come in. I figured with 31cc the Craftsman would be powerful. Pfft. Not nearly as much torque as the 28cc echo has. Plus the echo head is easier to refill and holds more line.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Tractor supply has the same seat in stock for $100. So basically the same price after tax. I'm considering it still.

I bought a Craftsman weed trimmer yesterday at Sears and it's a POS. My echo is down waiting on a new carburetor to come in. I figured with 31cc the Craftsman would be powerful. Pfft. Not nearly as much torque as the 28cc echo has. Plus the echo head is easier to refill and holds more line.

Actually a lot Cheaper because of SHIPPING & HANDLING CHARGES. But the Important thing is to buy the right seat so the Bolt holes match up. It makes it a lot easier to install the new seat.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Saw a gypsy with a recliner on his D Chopper today... no fooling. Wish I had my camera ready.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
Old 06-12-2012, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Put one of these on one of the Scags last year, holding up well and the suspension is a godsend. Had to drill four holes to mount, might have taken 30 minutes.http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...3585_200403585
Old 06-13-2012, 10:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Drilling a few holes isn't that much of a problem. In the Case of my Cab Over the seats came out of a Pick up truck. The floor was totally different and shimming the seat took on a Engineering type aspect. Cab Over seats wear out real quick because of the way people slide out of the truck.

My point being most of these equipment seats can match up bolt holes to make installation real simple.