Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2012, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
ProStreet I need to thank you. I ordered my stripe kit and OEM blades and had them in two days! I have been waiting over three weeks for my dealer to get these parts! I dont know what he is doing over there but for now on its ariens parts direct for me!
Posted via Mobile Device

No problem at all. Before you install the stripe kit hold it up in place and make sure the locations that are marked on it to cut are correct. They are incorrect for the 60" mowers. If its not correct just mark the correct spots and cut it. Me and mtmower had to install ours backwards with the shiny side toward the back of the mower. Another tip would be to use a 3/8 air ratchet to install the bolts. The holes are not threaded and the bolts are designed to cut there own threads. It takes a star bit which i did not have. I found a hex bit that fit in the bolts tight so I used that.

I may buy some thick flat bar stock and bolt a solid piece all the way across the bottom of the rubber that contacts the ground. The kit works but not as defined as I would have liked to see and I think it is because the rubber is not stiff enough to put much downward pressure on the grass. I would try putting the kit on with the last hole at the top. Maybe that would help with a little extra pressure on the grass. I used 2nd hole.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)