Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-14-2012, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Irrigation design\help

Homeowner needs help - tuning current irrigation system

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am need of some help tuning my irrigation system.

A little background, I live on one acre outside city limits in Lubbock TX, with the drought of last year I have been trying to get my yard back in shape. I had a company replace the sprinkler system to accommodate a low water well output, this helped but tripled my zones in my yard. Since then I drilled and additional well and now have double the water and spent the money to sod the entire yard. Most of the yard is doing good but have a few hot spots that I think we can alleviate with a good design working with the system I already have. I would like someone to tune my system for the best is can be with what I have for a fee of course.

I currently have a Hunter ICC 48 zone controller with Hunter PGP ultra(blue and red) spray heads throughout the system. With 2 water wells, I have a total of 21GPM and I am assuming 60psi to work with. 36 Zones including sprinklers, flower bed and tree drip. I combined stations since getting the second well and now have 19 stations.. 17 for yard and 1 each for flowerbeds and tree drip.

I would like to have a printable drawing(pdf?) showing each head(gpm) that would give me the most efficient watering schedule. We installed Celebration Bermuda sod which is suppose to require 3/4 in per week. Would like recommendations on watering times per zone as per. I would be willing to change the hunter nozzle's to spec. Would be willing to provide address for google earth/maps for reference, as well as pdf drawing of current systems sprinkler locations and zones. Keep in mind I just need help tuning what I have and not to redo anything. would like to make what I have work the best it could

Please let me know if is something you would like to tackle and what kind of price I am looking at. I have current pictures of the yard and could take more if needed to complete the job.

Please post or PM me with contact info so we can discuss.

Thanks in Advance
John S.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Just to cover all the bases since this is a doubled thread, there is no one who can help you online here. This is a eyes on site only job. There is a lot of subjective determinations to be made that need a trained eye. There is also hard data that needs to be collected. There is no way this can be done online. You need to find a qualified soils, plant and irrigation auditor who can also provide GIS mapping survey of your property. This is what I do, but thankfully I do not live in TX or I would help you out.