Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-15-2012, 12:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

That is a pretty small concern for me i suppose, I could get used to it. I wasnt actually talking about the COG, I just meant It will impose a few more problems than my Lazer z as far as getting under trees and low hanging branches. I already get whacked in the head enough as it is. I cant wait to get one of these machines!

GMLC, I would love to take you up on your offer to come and test out your mower. I could come down and mow a few of your lawns with you for free just to check it out and see how I like it. check out a few of your properties and see how it handles. This way you get some free labor in exchange for me testing out the mower lol I am thinking within a few weeks, I am pretty booked up for the next couple though.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:27 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGlandscape View Post
That is a pretty small concern for me i suppose, I could get used to it. I wasnt actually talking about the COG, I just meant It will impose a few more problems than my Lazer z as far as getting under trees and low hanging branches. I already get whacked in the head enough as it is. I cant wait to get one of these machines!

GMLC, I would love to take you up on your offer to come and test out your mower. I could come down and mow a few of your lawns with you for free just to check it out and see how I like it. check out a few of your properties and see how it handles. This way you get some free labor in exchange for me testing out the mower lol I am thinking within a few weeks, I am pretty booked up for the next couple though.
Let me know when your ready. Fridays are best because thats when I mow some big hilly properties.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-15-2012, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Did my fuel usage test today. 1.38 GPH (side discharge) on the kawi 24.5hp(27hp old rating). Did a lot of hills today so this is worse case scenario.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-15-2012, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I installed my stripe kit this morning. Only took about 20 minutes, very easy to install. I also had the same problem as mtmower and ProStreetCamaro, the glossy side will not face the deck as the instructions say. The holes will not line up that way. Only tools needed are a 3/8" air ratchet with a T45 torx bit. Just jack up the rear end and take off the tires to get access to the rear of the deck.

I did stripe with it today with mixed results. Some lawns striped better and some not as good as usual. I will report back after I use it more.
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2012, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Did my fuel usage test today. 1.38 GPH (side discharge) on the kawi 24.5hp(27hp old rating). Did a lot of hills today so this is worse case scenario.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's not to bad. I wonder what it would be with the bagger running. The dealer is telling me to go with the 29 kohler efi if I am running the vac system. Not sure yet which engine I am getting. Ugh.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengiant9963 View Post
That's not to bad. I wonder what it would be with the bagger running. The dealer is telling me to go with the 29 kohler efi if I am running the vac system. Not sure yet which engine I am getting. Ugh.
Personally if I were buying a 452 I would go with the 29 efi. I believe this is still using the old inaccurate hp rating so I would say it's probably closer to 26 hp but with the efi I would bet the gph would be better than the Kaw. They seem to run smoother, no choke is nice, fuel filter only like every 500-1000 hrs, and they've had a very good track record. Not so much with the air cooled carb. Kohlers.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Gravely is my choice!

Great Review! My distributor is letting me "demo" the Pro-Turn 260 while my Hustler is in the shop for a blown Kawasaki 19HP motor. I was thinking of adding to my equipment and was considering an Exmark. Not anymore....the Gravely cuts beautifully, runs all day, and is a smooth ride. I can't imagine what the air ride seat is like on the 400 series. I hope to get the 460 with Kohler engine, in the next 2 weeks. Great info, and thanks to all those who post at Lawnsite. All of the comments, advice, and insight have helped me through the years to start and grow my company.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksammy0701 View Post
Great Review! My distributor is letting me "demo" the Pro-Turn 260 while my Hustler is in the shop for a blown Kawasaki 19HP motor. I was thinking of adding to my equipment and was considering an Exmark. Not anymore....the Gravely cuts beautifully, runs all day, and is a smooth ride. I can't imagine what the air ride seat is like on the 400 series. I hope to get the 460 with Kohler engine, in the next 2 weeks. Great info, and thanks to all those who post at Lawnsite. All of the comments, advice, and insight have helped me through the years to start and grow my company.
Thanks! Wait till you try the 400 series! The 200 series is very nice but the 400 series is amazing...

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksammy0701 View Post
Please give us your review on the 460/Kohler package. I'm very curious how it works out. Will you be bagging?
Old 06-17-2012, 01:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watsmi57 View Post
thank you for the great review and the great pics. That is one sweet looking machine. I have been waiting on my dealer to get some in so I can actually see one in person. This is the next best thing. I love my 252 but I think I might actually like a 452 even more.

My experience with Gravely has been the same as you described. A great company that builds and backs up a great mower. It cuts well in all conditions and is WELL built from the ground up. You will love your new 452. Don't expect to be making a bunch of warranty claims either. They were telling the truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
GMLC.. Was the governor kicking in at all when you were mowing your hilly areas?