Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-16-2012, 05:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
Yeah anything i would improvise would be of the same quality or better than a $10 piece of engineered plastic and neither i or the customer would pay unnessary costs. I know the savings i will have not using a vault on my current project will keep the project within my clients budget and she will be able to have a nicer water feature. And quality will not be sacrificed. Client is going to get a nice affordable water feature and we get to bill out for 30 man hours. Win-win.
Posted via Mobile Device
I missed this the first time I read this post. That is A LOT of hours for an urn bubbler.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadpole View Post
I would be interested in seeing your eventual solution. I sure others on this forum would also be interested. Post your final list of materials and components, and maybe a photo or two of the construction stages.
So you can pick it apart?

But i will just to see if the lawnsite gods approve. Might be a couple before i can fit in my schedule.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-16-2012, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadpole View Post
I missed this the first time I read this post. That is A LOT of hours for an urn bubbler.
It will include a small stack stone wall, but reguardless they will get charged for a full day w a 3 man crew. Cant make money charging for 3/4 of a day.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-16-2012, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I want to incorporate a tennesse stack stone wall, but i need river rock as my pondless aggregate. I was going to try to break up the two by planting green giant lariope between the wall and the river rock bed. Thoughts? What kind of water loving ground cover would eventually cover the river rock? Asaitic jasmine? Fig ivey? The last waterfall i did the fig ivey softened the stone, but it wasnt so close to the water.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-16-2012, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Just a question but how many water features have you done? There is no way a bubbler water feature should take 3 guys to build.. one guy four hrs max if you know wat you are doing.. thats y ur bitchn bout component prices cut the number of guys in get quality parts.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-16-2012, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
I want to incorporate a tennesse stack stone wall, but i need river rock as my pondless aggregate. I was going to try to break up the two by planting green giant lariope between the wall and the river rock bed. Thoughts? What kind of water loving ground cover would eventually cover the river rock? Asaitic jasmine? Fig ivey? The last waterfall i did the fig ivey softened the stone, but it wasnt so close to the water.
Posted via Mobile Device
Why would you want any ground cover to cover the river rock. All it will do is hinder the water flow to the pump and quickly clog the entire system with root mass.
I am truly wondering now exactly how much experience you have constructing Water Features.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Member

He has me all confused on what he is tryn to do its an urn not a whole lot of thinkn is required lol..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-16-2012, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Sell the waterfeature as a whole project unit 1500-1700 dollars one guy install profeit roughly 800-1000 dollars..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-16-2012, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The last bubbler waterfall I did. I used a vault on this one and piped in an autofill. Nothing special, but it was a $500 urn that the landscape architect spec'd in!
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2012, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This is a waterfall into a pool we, I know the rocks on the top need rearranging. I always struggle with how to make that look more natural.
Attached Images