Go Back   LawnSite.com™ - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 06-14-2012, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Recall - Paging PJ

Hi PJ

Got a recall letter today for the vent fittings. I had one pop out on me last year and had it replaced at winter servicing. Is that the problem being recalled? That they pop out of the hole and take an elephant sitting on them to reseat?

Our records indicate that you are the owner ofone or mor€ Hustler Turf Equipment mowers afected by a
MANDATORYS AFETYU PGRADEt o replaceth ev entfittins(s).
In coopemtiown ilh theU .S.C onsumePr roducSt aferyC o rssron(C PSC)E, xcelI ndustdesln, c.
(manufactueor fyour mower)) sr ecallingth €f ollowingp roducts:
Model Serial number Range
Sport \01203'7'7 12054999
FasTml l0l2l0E2 - 11120946
FasTrakSuperDuty 10091717-11121566
Hustler X-ONE t0090'165- 12022041
SupeZr 1010901- 71 2054999
Trimstar 11033546 12054999
Hustler1 500 1006284-5 1 1081604
It hasb eend etermii€d tbat a potentialh azaJdc ould exist on someH ustler Turf mowers. Gasolinec ould
leak fiom the taDl and pres€nt a potential fire haz
Whrt YouS houldD o: Stopu singy ourm oweri mmediatelyD. o not opGrat€th € moweru ntil th€ vent
fftting(s) has been replaced. Pleas€c oDtacyt our deal€rt o schedulea n appointm€ntt o get a fr€e vent
fitting upgrade. Log onto www.hustlerurf.com ro locatey our dealero r nearestd eaLer.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The recall addresses exactly that problem.
Per the recall letter, get a hold of your dealer for the repair.

Pj
Old 06-19-2012, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Member

So, is my mower going to burst into flames if I need to use it before I can take it 60 miles to the dealer to have the recall done?
Old 06-21-2012, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Recall

Good luck getting your mower fixed in a timely fashion. Last time I checked the vent kits were on backorder. If you just bought a new mower recently, & it needs the recall you will have to take your mower to your dealer. They do not pay the dealers enough to fix them at your home.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Member

I called my dealer he sent his man to my house and my mower was repaired within 5 minutes. Thanks to Brad from Pontotoc.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafanofgravel View Post
So, is my mower going to burst into flames if I need to use it before I can take it 60 miles to the dealer to have the recall done?
The chance is there, I would still follow the information from the recall notice you received.

Pj
Old 06-22-2012, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I made that post before I talked to my dealer. It was a bit inflammatory on purpose. They are going to send someone out to my house next week. That's pretty good customer service. I asked them if I could still use the mower. I listened to their answer, and followed their suggestion.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Just to let you know my Hustler mechanic is my neighbor. Also I had no way to transport to my dealer. Other wise I would have took my mower to the dealer personally. In life responsibility is a two way street that we all should share. My regards to Hustler for fixing a problem before it became a problem.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Member

I just spoke to my dealer on the recall for my 48" Super Duty. No parts available and Hustler does not cover service call or pick - up / delivery on a mandatory recall.
My unit is one year old with only 47 hours; interesting that Hustler has made this cost me as a consumer...
Old 07-02-2012, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrich1353 View Post
I just spoke to my dealer on the recall for my 48" Super Duty. No parts available and Hustler does not cover service call or pick - up / delivery on a mandatory recall.
My unit is one year old with only 47 hours; interesting that Hustler has made this cost me as a consumer...
Please email me ASAP and I will get this taken care of.
We are reimbursing the dealers for this and for the service call also.

Pj