Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Gordon, please contact me. I am not getting any return calls from your people.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:38 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHayes View Post
Gordon, please contact me. I am not getting any return calls from your people.
Consider it a blessing in disguise. If you already ordered the beast im sorry....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-19-2012, 12:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Consider it a blessing in disguise. If you already ordered the beast im sorry....
Posted via Mobile Device
To be fair, GXi told me to reject the shipment if there was ANY damage during shipping... there is a somewhat minor dent in the side of the deck, which shouldn't be all that big of a deal. It's too close to the blade and shouldn't be operated unless it's repaired/replaced or pulled out.

I did as GXi told me, and rejected shipment...

The problem is that the Yellow Freight driver wouldn't take the pallet(with mower on it) back into his truck. He left it on my front lawn where it still sits.

My frustration is that I get no return calls from Yellow Freight and I've been calling GXi constantly and they keep saying it's Yellow that needs to pick this up.... I have left many messages for an update and no one calls me back. when "I" call customer service, they are very nice, but haven't solved the problem. This is all started last Wednesday (13th)..

.... and I just learned that GXi hasn't sent me a replacement mower!!! ... they say they won't do that until they receive this dented one back... .. yet no one will pick up this dented one.. and I am out my money and have been instructed not to take the dented one off the pallet.

... the most frustrating thing is that every time I call GXi, I ask them to call me back as a courtesy to keep me updated... yet I get zero calls ... I keep having to call them and they just are not acting (I assume they think this is Yellow Frieght's problem... what they don't understand is that it is ME, their customer, that has the problem)

... the Sheriff's department has been by twice, many neighbors are pissed at me and potental theives keep coming by to scope it out... yet I'm told not to move it by GXi.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's a deep dent if its contacting the blade. I would tap it out myself than go through all the drama.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-19-2012, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
That's a deep dent if its contacting the blade. I would tap it out myself than go through all the drama.
Posted via Mobile Device
My guess is a forklift operator got overzealous and rammed right into the side of the pallet before picking it up. I've seen it happen dozens of times.

It's almost touching... maybe 1/4" clearance when the blade is rotated by hand. It just needs to be fixed before letting those spindles get wobbley

I considered tapping it out myself, but GXi's pre-arrival letter said this:

Quote:
We would like to emphasize a few key points when your unit arrives:
 The product was in perfect condition when it shipped. It was inspected and verified the day it left.
 We ship on a specially designed pallet to protect the deck and hydrostatic drive system. Please contact GXi if the unit arrives on a damaged pallet or a different pallet. We have included a picture of how the unit is packaged for shipping and how it should arrive to your location.
If at the time of delivery you see any damage at all, please reject this product and have the freight carrier return the unit to GXi.
 Before signing off for this unit, remove all packaging at the time of delivery and thoroughly inspect the unit.
 If you accept this product you are acknowledging it was received in a condition that you are satis-fied with. Any damage other than manufacturing defects is your responsibility upon acceptance of this item from the freight company.

Last edited by JustinHayes; 06-19-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:56 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Get your money back if you can and never look back!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-19-2012, 02:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Just take it to your local GXI dealer.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Just take it to your local GXI dealer.
What he said. Oh wait, that's right....................

Justin, I don't wish anyone bad luck, and I hope you get it all sorted out, but you can't say that there were plenty of posts here on LS warning you about just this type of BS. Good luck with it just the same.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Well, after 6-days of waiting and numorous calls, Today, I actually got a call back from "Marty" at Yellow Freight who says they'll pick up the mower today...

AND

I also received a call from "Maritza" of GXi, saying that Yellow will pick up the mower and they are "Doing paperwork" to get another mower out to me.

I know what you all are trying to say.... I'm just going to try to give everyone involved the benefit of the doubt. This problem I'm having it not a design issue (other than the pallet they ship on), .. it's more of shipping problem with Yellow and a driver that didn't want to reload the mower when I refused it.

I'm going to give this mower (once I get it... and I hope they rush the "paperwork") a fair chance. I'm going to follow the owner's manual and maintenance schedules and see if they have a decent product. then I'll put an honest and unbiased review of my experience with it here.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHayes View Post
Well, after 6-days of waiting and numorous calls, Today, I actually got a call back from "Marty" at Yellow Freight who says they'll pick up the mower today...

AND

I also received a call from "Maritza" of GXi, saying that Yellow will pick up the mower and they are "Doing paperwork" to get another mower out to me.

I know what you all are trying to say.... I'm just going to try to give everyone involved the benefit of the doubt. This problem I'm having it not a design issue (other than the pallet they ship on), .. it's more of shipping problem with Yellow and a driver that didn't want to reload the mower when I refused it.

I'm going to give this mower (once I get it... and I hope they rush the "paperwork") a fair chance. I'm going to follow the owner's manual and maintenance schedules and see if they have a decent product. then I'll put an honest and unbiased review of my experience with it here.
Sounds to me like your problem has nothing to do with anything you mentioned. Your problem is buying a mower without a dealer. This would never happen if you went to a dealer. Any piece of power equipment can have issues or problems. If you had bought this from a dealer, your problem would have been solved the same day.
Closed Thread

Tags
beast , gxi , home depot , stanley , ztr