Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-20-2012, 12:22 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
Clover stripes! That lawn needs some trimec. We have some lawns that have clover pretty bad in them. Is it hot up there? It is supposed to be 95 and is super humid today here. I am glad we got out early and got done early. 11 tomorrow and we are done for the week! Should be done by 11:30 tomorrow. 6 in one spot are 1/2 to a little over an acre each.
Yup, upper 90's and humid today and tomorrow. Grabbing lunch now and have two left this afternoon. Tomorrow is going to be brutal as its my busiest day!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboynormmie View Post
Hey GMLC I have some Oregon 91-623 SUPER high lifts I run on my older 152z.The are 3" wide notch blades and have a 1 1/2" lift.They cut nice and discharge super far in dry conditions.The only problem I have with them is they zap alot of hp from the motor and really draw down 25hp kaw in wet conditions.I might try a set of the factory 452 blades to see how they perform.
I have those same blades for my Scag 52. Man do they rob a lot of power! But the cut and stripes are amazing. I have thought about trying them on my 452 but the OEM blades work so good...
Old 07-02-2012, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
I have those same blades for my Scag 52. Man do they rob a lot of power! But the cut and stripes are amazing. I have thought about trying them on my 452 but the OEM blades work so good...
GMLC what part number oem blades are you using?
Old 07-03-2012, 01:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
I haven't been impressed with the oems for my grasses. Still getting stingers/stragglers in the thin wispy fescus. That and they are soft and not much meat to grind on. Seems anything I touch with them makes a ding in them. Sharpened them I believe three times and almost looks like I'll be lucky to get three or four more sharpenings out of them before I toss them. The fusions I've been running on my other mowers will have the rear lift wing wear through from our sandy soils in areas before I run out of meat to sharpen and don't seem to be effected as easily by small pebbles and debris. The fusions do take longer to sharpen though.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:05 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboynormmie View Post
GMLC what part number oem blades are you using?
The OEM blade part number is 00450300.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:10 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
I haven't been impressed with the oems for my grasses. Still getting stingers/stragglers in the thin wispy fescus. That and they are soft and not much meat to grind on. Seems anything I touch with them makes a ding in them. Sharpened them I believe three times and almost looks like I'll be lucky to get three or four more sharpenings out of them before I toss them. The fusions I've been running on my other mowers will have the rear lift wing wear through from our sandy soils in areas before I run out of meat to sharpen and don't seem to be effected as easily by small pebbles and debris. The fusions do take longer to sharpen though.
That's strange? My OEM blades say Marbain(MB) on them. I sharpen mine every two days(10 hours) and I still have plenty of life left. Must be a 52 thing...I would like to try the fusions, but haven't got around to it yet.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I am at 35 hours and have yet to sharpen the blades and when i run my finger across them they are still fairly sharp. The cheaper blades I would sharpen every 2 to 3 days but the marbane oem blades hold the edge very good. They are even hard to sharpen they are so hard. I can sharpen the cheaper blades and the dedicated grinder takes meat off quickly. Set those down and try to sharpen the oem blades and it is slow to remove the metal because they are much harder. Something is goofy with mtmowers situation. I can get an entire seasons worth of sharpening out of even the cheap blades before they are too beat up and worn down to continue using them.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 07-03-2012, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've sharpened mine about three times in 50 hrs. and they should be hit again. If you think that the MB take long to sharpen you should try the Fusion. Take longer yet. I'm running a Neary designated blade sharpener with a 28 grit 10" stone to get-r-done as fast and cleanly as I can.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
I've sharpened mine about three times in 50 hrs. and they should be hit again. If you think that the MB take long to sharpen you should try the Fusion. Take longer yet. I'm running a Neary designated blade sharpener with a 28 grit 10" stone to get-r-done as fast and cleanly as I can.

I have sharpened fusions. I have the G6 blades on our 160Z. Those blades have about 20 hours on them and I have sharpened them twice and they have a few nicks already. I don't know man they seemed to sharpen up about the same as the marbane blades.

Here is a small lawn from today. Cut at 4" with 35 hours on the oem blades unsharpened. These poor people have been with out power since friday.

2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)

Last edited by ProStreetCamaro; 07-03-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks like your guys are getting a great cut. Here is some pictures of my last lawn for the day. About 8-10 hrs on the blades since last sharpening. I'm running without the striper kit this week and plan on reinstalling it next week to compare. I have a set of straight, notched high lift fusions on the way to see if they're happy. If anyone has need of some G6s I've got a set for sale.

I've gotta say that not having to grease anything sure is nice. Also the fact that there is little build up under these decks is great.
Attached Images