Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-20-2012, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Best walk behind leaf blowers

I know Im getting ahead of myself and its only the beginning of summer. But we all know before we know it, its leaf time again. So the question im posing to everyone is. What walk behind blower do you think is the best? I currently have a Fradan 9 hp and feel its underpowered, Looking to pick up something new this year. Hoping to find something pre season to get a better deal. Let me know what you think.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I just got a Gravely 14hp subaru powered unit 2 weeks ago. The things is an absolute animal. The only reason I got it was because I needed to add money to my new mower in order to get a 20% discount. $1400 blower. Drive down here to maryland and I will let it go for $1000. Has about .1 hours on it. I started it and rolled it around and shut it off.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 06-20-2012, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a rebadged Billy Goat Force badged as a John Deere. It has the 9 hp Robin Subaru engine and these are awesome little engine. I have one on my pressure washer and this blower and they are as good as a Honda I think. The blower is very very nice and moves some serious leaves in a hurry. I do not use it very much but when I do it gets used a lot. Shame you have that expensive of a piece of equipment that we only use for a few weeks in the fall. I would go with a Billy Goat Force over anything else I have seen! They are built very well, roll really well in the grass and are comfortable to use.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Talking

I appreciate the feed back guys. I dont have a gravely dealer around here so I am hesistant to drive all that way for something that I can test drive. I will keep your offer in mind though. I also have to figure out time to drive down. Super busy.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Check out Wisesales they are a advertiser on here. I have started using them for all my handheld stuff because they are a lot cheaper than my local dealer and no longer than I keep things I figure might as well save as much as possible. I know they stock a few brands and offer free shipping and you dont have to pay tax since you dont live in Illinois. I figured on a weedeater it saves me close to $70 so the savings would be even greater on walk behind blower.