Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-20-2012, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone that cannot look out their window and see that it is windy or raining soon will be looking for a new service provider. I am pretty sure that these same people would jump down your throat over ruts in the lawn, clumps of grass or spray drift killing their flowers.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 06-20-2012, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I still get the occasional call "can you run over here in between rain storms? Klystron radar shows an opening in 20 minutes coming."
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-20-2012, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
I still get the occasional call "can you run over here in between rain storms? Klystron radar shows an opening in 20 minutes coming."
Posted via Mobile Device
I consider that chiseling. Chiselers are fired.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
I consider that chiseling. Chiselers are fired.
Must be nice to be able to do that and have that large of customer base to pull from. Although I would not mind laying the law down customers like that I have to eat my peppers and listen to the angry bees in my stomach with many as they simply will have things there way. Maybe someday I will be work my way to be able to have the ability to due that but for now I hear money and come running. The way I see it, I have bills and wants and needs....they have money...I explain the best way to do things that I know how to them....if they do not like it my way we do it there way....at least until I can replace them at the very min. but I am too greedy and will most likely still keep them on as a customer until I simply can not stomach them anymore....there are good customers in my view, bad customers....the only ones that I will not work for are those that do not pay!

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Must be nice to be able to do that and have that large of customer base to pull from. Although I would not mind laying the law down customers like that I have to eat my peppers and listen to the angry bees in my stomach with many as they simply will have things there way. Maybe someday I will be work my way to be able to have the ability to due that but for now I hear money and come running. The way I see it, I have bills and wants and needs....they have money...I explain the best way to do things that I know how to them....if they do not like it my way we do it there way....at least until I can replace them at the very min. but I am too greedy and will most likely still keep them on as a customer until I simply can not stomach them anymore....there are good customers in my view, bad customers....the only ones that I will not work for are those that do not pay!
Very well said! My sentiments exactly. I get to test the theory this week because my PTO clutch just locked up today on a lawn. So now everything will be pushed back until after next Wednesday most likely. None of the dealers here have the PTO in stock. It's a Dixie Chopper 500012 PTO. No luck finding one I can get anytime soon. Ebay has it for $215 but will take until late next week to get here just like the dealers.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
My base is small. However, it is not worth it for me to put down an ineffective application, one that will line me up in the crosshairs of the DOA or one that gets products banned in the state. Hence my policy. Sure, I will come out and spray between flash floods and/or gale force winds. However, my payment for doing so is $60,000 a year cash for the rest of my life.