Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-20-2000, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I had the opportunity to demo the new ultravac for the larger decks today. It was on a 72 in. Lazer, and it worked AWESOME. We were cutting thick, 15" tall grass behind the warehouse, and it was unstoppable. We only traveled at about 3 to four mph for that because it was so thick. The bags (3) were pretty heavy because the grass was rather wet too, but the bags have handles on the bottoms to ease handling which I thought was pretty cool. We cut some other thick grass though at almost full speed and it just sucked it right up. It does take about a whole minute and a half to put the complete unit on the mower though. This unit should be out around February for those interested. I also test drove the new 3 cyl. diesel Lazer. Nice runner, but noisy.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 09-20-2000, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Runner,

Tell us more... is the Ultra-Vac a spindle driven unit or a seperate engine? Was it a 72" Diesel or a 60"? What do you mean by noisy?...engine noise (diesel clatter) or blade noise? Have you any info on the other engines or XP lineup? How about the 27 hp LC Kawi?

Sorry about the questions, but the factory is hush hush. I think they want to sell all the '00 models first before hyping the new models.

Thanks
2006 Hustler SuperZ 28EFI 60" Power Chute Design OCDC SOLD!
Perma-green Magnum
1996 48" SCAG Belt WB 14hp Kawasaki Classic Deck
Echo 2 strokes PB-755 & SRM 280
Eastman WM20H 20" Commercial Push mower (NEW for 2013)
Commercial Lawnboy trim mower 3-FOR SALE!http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=424203
Solo since 1980
Old 09-20-2000, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It was the spindle driven unit. This was on a gas 72" unit. It is going to retail for around 1400 bucks I think. The diesel I drove was a 72" unit too. What I meant by noisy, was the engine noise. Hardly any clatter, but it was like you were sitting right next to a payloader or excavator. They didn't have anything on the new 27hp. but we talked a little about it.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 09-21-2000, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I used the 31 gas. The diesel is a 26hp. The gas engine runs quiet. Haven't run the diesel yet though. That extra fan for the ultra vac adds some noise too!!
Old 09-21-2000, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Diesel is 27hp.