Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-23-2012, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post

My apologies to the OP...as this forum is not the place to hash this conversation out....
Posted via Mobile Device
No problem! And I realize I sort of started it by bitching about the EPA's silly attempt to restrict me from doing a tune-up on my own equipment. However, I didn't really expect my comment to raise so much controversy.

I was able to get the needed tool on line. $5.00 for shipping and $3.00 for the tool. Because it was so inexpensive, I suspect it may cost less than a buck to manufacture and therefore, it seems like the sort of thing that could have been sent with the saw just like a spark-plug wrench seems to have been included with every two-cycle chainsaw, hedge trimmer, blower and cultivator I have ever purchased. I don't think any or those previous items of mine need this carb-adjustment tool, but I suspect if any of them will have to be replaced in the future, it will be.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Member

This is why you shouldn't get too excited when people say "vote them out." The ass clowns who brought you the CARB gas cans and the demise of the 2-cycle engine aren't voted in and usually aren't accountable to anybody.

Liberty Lawnworks, LLC

"Don't be so busy making a living that you don't have time to make a life."
Old 07-17-2013, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Lawnworks View Post
This is why you shouldn't get too excited when people say "vote them out." The ass clowns who brought you the CARB gas cans and the demise of the 2-cycle engine aren't voted in and usually aren't accountable to anybody.
Each administration appoints their own heads to these departments...EPA etc..that's what all the noise is over RECESS appointments-

the publicans have been filibustering several of Obamas appointments to various departments because the appointments are radical in their view...and those department heads can change policies to suit their agenda-

Obama appointed several people when he thought Congress was in recess, those appointments were ruled by the Supreme Court as illegal since congress was really not in recess-
Old 07-17-2013, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

They are doing something similar to fuel pumps. They are being fixed to the tank. if your pump goes out you will have to buy an entire fuel tank assembly. its to detect any evaporation of fuel. wouldn't be surprised if they made your pump shut off when a leak is detected.

Stupid part about the gas can regulations with air tight push button gas cans is heat builds up pressure and when it opens more spews out than would evaporate.

husqvarna sucks anyway
Old 07-17-2013, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
They are doing something similar to fuel pumps. They are being fixed to the tank. if your pump goes out you will have to buy an entire fuel tank assembly. its to detect any evaporation of fuel. wouldn't be surprised if they made your pump shut off when a leak is detected.

Stupid part about the gas can regulations with air tight push button gas cans is heat builds up pressure and when it opens more spews out than would evaporate.

husqvarna sucks anyway
many regs are not so well thought out...our gascans are terrible--I used to buy metal cans until thugs started stealing those too-
Old 07-17-2013, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

that is ridiculous. we need to start standing up to this despicable government
Old 07-17-2013, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsole View Post
that is ridiculous. we need to start standing up to this despicable government
HR347

you are not allowed to protest.

HR1540

When arrested for protesting you will not receive a trial and will be held until the military police decide to let you go. however many decades that may be.

edit: havnt read the whole thread, is this a political discussion?
Old 07-17-2013, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We just purchased a pair of T435 Husqvarna limbing saws last week. They both come with the combination spanner tool(one end a nut driver and the other a large flathead screwdriver basically) and... wait for it.... a mini flathead screwdriver as the high/low carb adjustment screws are flathead driver adjustable! WOOHOOO! Thank you Husqvarna!

My small engine mechanic was ecstatic to see that as well. He explains to me that he is actually sick and tired of having to adjust clients small engine machines because they have that special tool for carb adjustments.

Maybe because some machines manufactured are supposedly for strictly professional use, they make it easier for manual carb adjustments? I do not personally know. But what I do know is that every piece of non-professional equipment I have seen in the last few years, you need to have that special tool to adjust the carbs. But then again I do not buy Husqvarna equipment "made for USA" use. There is quite a large difference. Look for the nice tacked on plate on your Husqvarna machine that says "made in sweden" Made by Huskvarna AB.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

They don't want you to adjust the carbs...it changes the emissions apparently
Old 07-17-2013, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

it does. although. it also makes the engine run better. i'm probably just gonna break off that little cover so i can adjust it