Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-07-2012, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Method Integration

Has anyone heard of Method Integration by Alocet? I currently use Service Auto Pilot but have grown tired of them promising to improve but not seeing any improvement.

What is you experience with Method?
Old 06-08-2012, 12:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Method Integration Resources

I don't intend to promote, but Method is such a new product and so resources are challenging to find at this point. I can answer your questions about Method or point you in the direction of finding additional help.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Member

basically I just signed up for the 30day trail. It seems to have a lot of feature. I am just not sure how easy it will be to get everything looking the way I want it. I want to make sure it will be easy enough for everyone here to pick up on. What knowledge to you have about it.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Method

In a nut shell, Method is an online customizable, scaleable, online database that has a direct connection to QB, and so you can easily gain access to any table or data element the Software Development Kit allows. The easy part is userability. However, there might need to be some customization work done so the business processing you need to take place works, but not always. I'm level 1 certified of 2 levels and am going for my 2nd level certification (the highest they offer), but I'm familiar with the product and I work with one of my friends who is level 2 certified and actually has customers. I don't have any customers yet. I could put you in contact with Fran and she might have customers you can call. I spoke with Method and they can't release any customer's names due to privcay issues.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Method Resources Follow Up

I just got back from Scaling New Heights, a QuickBooks & Accounting Conference where I attended over 3 days of Method Consulting and Account Manager Trainings. It dawned on me that a perfect place for you to go to is to visit their website. On their site, you can look for their trained consultants and contact one of us to ask further questions. One option is to ask some of these certified consultants to refer you to some of their clients, so you can see if Method is easy or difficult in the real world. I asked around and with my peers who have real world applications they have built and basically they said ease of use depends on how you set Method up. Yes, it can be very easy experience for the user, but the customization work is the more extensive part. Engagements tended to be around 2-5K for customizations on the average. They of course, like any customizable database project, could cost well into the 10's of thousands depending upon the extensiveness of the project. Hope that helps a bit. I wanted to share with you that for the user I personally felt it was a good experience once the custom programming was done behind the scenes.

Last edited by DaveGutie; 06-22-2012 at 10:24 AM. Reason: left first part out of message
Old 06-22-2012, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am paying a software programmer to design my own scheduling software, job time tracking, and job completion software. It not going to be cheap, but everything out there sucks. I use Qxpress now and the fact that they do not have an app is mind boggling to me.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Method Follow Up 06232012

Wow. However, now with the custom software you can get almost exactly what you want. QuickBase and Method Intetration both have apps for Field Service which will schedule along with being able to track costs by jobs. They are also both customizable. I used to design custom databases for most of the fortune 50, so I know what goes into them. Thanks for chatting with me on the forum about Method.